What is CAMP?
CAMP is a research center that consists of Clarkson University faculty whose expertise in materials science and processing supports companies interested in understanding and exploiting state-of-the-art, advanced, tailor-designed materials and processes to improve products, solve manufacturing challenges, increase yield, lower cost and foster innovation.
CAMP’s mission is to:
- Forge alliances with industrial and government entities to assist them in developing scientific and engineering technologies to foster economic growth.
- Perform innovative applied research and technology transfer related to the synthesis and processing of advanced materials of economic value to industry and corporations.
- Provide students with excellent education and research/development experiences gained through hands-on research projects of industrial importance, readying them to enter the work force.
How can companies work with CAMP?
Connections with faculty can be made via CAMP staff/leadership or directly with faculty themselves. Companies typically engage in initial discussions regarding their needs and the potential for CAMP to assist them.
- Browse/search for expertise, facilities, and contact details through the links above.
Once synergies are identified, CAMP offers a variety of contractual arrangements to meet your corporate needs and expectations.
- Master Collaboration Agreement (MCA) to accommodate multiple research areas and to facilitate long-term relationships.
- Analytical Service Agreements (ASA) for material analysis and testing.
- Tailored agreements for work force development.
Success with CAMP
- CAMP has earned the NYSTAR designation as a Center for Advanced Technology since 1987 with four successful performance-based contract renewals with New York State. CAMP was re-designated in 2018 for an additional 10 years.
- CAMP champions economic development in Northern New York and across New York State and beyond through partnerships with economic development organizations, industry, innovation centers and research institutes.
- CAMP has helped New York State companies achieve $245 million in economic impact and helped create and retain 382 jobs over the past decade through research collaborations with industry.
- CAMP is a collaborative resource partner with the ability to work cooperatively with other NY State CATs and Centers of Excellences to provide solutions for industry needs.