CAMP works with New York State companies as well as national and international companies who are interested in understanding and utilizing state-of-the-art advanced, tailor-designed materials and processes to improve their products, solve manufacturing challenges, increase yield, lower costs, and/or establish new or novel products.
The mission of CAMP is primarily:
• to form alliances with industry, corporations and government entities in New York State and to assist them in applying science, engineering and technology development to improve their products, maintain their competitive edge, and foster economic development.
• to perform innovative research on, demonstration of, and technology transfer of new technologies related to the synthesis and processing of advanced materials of value to industry and corporations.
• to prepare students, undergraduates, and graduates to enter the workforce with an excellent education and research/development experience gained through hands-on research on projects of importance to industry and corporations.
Current Research Pillars
- Fine particle synthesis, surface modifications and dispersions
- Thin and thick film coatings
- Smart materials
- Functional polymer materials
- Materials and structures for energy conservation and soar devices
- Biocompatible materials
- Additive manufacturing using metals and alloys
- Film deposition methods for metals, alloys and dielectrics
- Anti-corrosion technology
- Chemical mechanical polishing
- Models and simulations for fine particle dispersions in air and/or fluids
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of structural materials
- Full spectrum of analytical tools including HD TEM, FE-SEM, Powder XRD, Micro CT Scanner
- Graduate student research projects
- Undergraduate research projects
- STEM activities
- Projects for industry (sponsored research)
- 4 Seminars per year
- MS and PhD students theses
- MS/PhD student internships
- MS/PhD student internships at corporations and industries
Corporate & Government Sponsors
Corporate & Government Sponsors have an opportunity to develop a closer working relationship with the faculty across Clarkson University’s schools and departments, who have knowledge, skills, expertise, and experience in cutting edge science and engineering disciplines pertinent to the company’s product lines. Corporate Sponsors may use CAMP as an extant research arm to understand existing product performance, an innovation lab to develop and evaluate new products or improve processes, and/or a partner in new product development. In addition, Corporate Sponsors will have preferred access to meet and collaborate with Clarkson students (undergraduate and graduate levels), to establish preferred talent pipelines addressing future workforce needs.