Fuel Innovation in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Innovation doesn’t occur by chance. Instead, discoveries emerge through curiosity, exploring how to make processes and systems better and testing ideas as you search for a solution. Clarkson University’s Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program creates a setting for leading advancements in civil and environmental engineering.
Why Earn a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering?
Our graduate programs in civil and environmental engineering rank high on U.S. News & World Report’s list. Through original research, our PhD candidates lead the way and focus on what matters. You’ve already acquired specialized, real-world knowledge. Yet, you seek to learn more and influence the fields’ processes and future. What should you expect?
- Interdisciplinary: Continue to focus on a specialty through coursework and research while branching out to other related disciplines.
- Intensive research: Our department opens the door to discovery. Learn from our world-renowned faculty while conducting your own self-directed study and using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Thesis: Your research forms the basis for your thesis. This process further strengthens your data collection, analysis, scholarship and communication skills.
PhD candidates develop a specialty in:
- Environmental engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Structural and materials engineering
- Water resources engineering