The Business Analytics program consists of 33 credit hours in Clarkson Common Experience, 42 credit hours in business foundation, 21 credit hours of specialized coursework, and 6 credit hours of professional electives.
All courses are 3 credits unless noted.
Clarkson Common Experience
The following courses are required for all students, irrespective of their program of study. These courses are offered during the fall semester, with FY100 First-Year Seminar being required of only first-year students. Both FY100 and UNIV190 are typically taken during the fall semester of the first year at Clarkson.
FY100 First-Year Seminar (1 credit)
UNIV190 The Clarkson Seminar (3 credits)
Business Analytics Core Requirements
Students are required to complete the following courses:
- IS301 Applied Data Analytics
- IS314 Database Design and Management
- IS400 Process and System Analysis and Modeling
- IS415 Data warehousing for Analytics
- IS426 Big Data Architecture
- IS437 Data Analytics Project: Planning, Development, and Data Analysis
- IS237 Introduction to Application Development
- or EE261 Introduction to Programming and Software Design
- or CS141 Introduction to Computer Science
All students participate in a project-based professional experience such as a co-op, an internship, directed research or a community project clearly related to the student's professional goals.
Business Analytics Professional Electives
Students must complete two of the following courses:
- AC421 Accounting Information Systems
- COMM345 Information Design
- CS460 / EE468 Database Systems
- EM333 Elements of Operations Research
- IS428 Information Systems for Supply Chain Management
- OM380 Project Management
School of Business Common First and Second Year
Students must complete the following courses, usually in their first and second year:
- AC202 Financial Accounting
- AC203 Managerial Accounting
- EC150 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC151 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC311 Introduction to Econometrics
- IS211 Introduction to Enterprise Information Systems
- LW270 Law & Society I
- MA180 Introductory College Mathematics (4 credits)
- MA181 Basic Calculus
- MK320 Principles of Marketing
- OM331 Operations & Supply Chain Management
- OS286 Organizational Behavior
- SB113 Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation I
- STAT282 Statistics
- Two science courses (one with laboratory) (7 credits)
- Three elective courses (9 credits)
Business Analytics Core Electives
A global experience is required for graduation for all Clarkson Business students. Employers want our graduates to understand different cultures and diversity and to have had first-hand exposure. Students will have a variety of opportunities, such as a semester exchange and/or faculty-led global business trips, to satisfy this requirement.
Knowledge Area/University Course Electives
Students will have approximately 15 credit hours available to use toward Knowledge Area and/or University Course electives.
Students will have approximately 6 credit hours available to use toward courses of their choice.