The Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley (ACSLV) expands educational possibilities by increasing the number of available courses.
Members colleges include Clarkson University, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Canton, and SUNY Potsdam.
Associated College's cross-registration program allows a full-time student registered at one of the four member colleges to take classes on the other three ACSLV campuses at no extra cost and without going through separate admissions procedures. Full-time students may register for a maximum of two courses per academic year. Tuition is paid only to the home institution.
- Clarkson students must be matriculated into a degree program at Clarkson. (Students attending Clarkson as part of an approved study-abroad program may also cross-register).
- Clarkson employees must be employed full-time, or have faculty emeritus status.
Instructions for Clarkson Students:
- Once you have identified the course(s) for which you would like to cross-register, fill out and print the Cross-Registration Form.
- Obtain signed approval to take the course(s) from your academic advisor and department chair.
- Bring the form and a course description to the department or school responsible for the subject of the course for transfer credit evaluation and approval.
- Bring your completed form to SAS for processing*
Instructions for Clarkson Employees:
- Obtain permission to enroll by completing the Clarkson Tuition Form in PeopleSoft Human Resources. All employees must obtain signatures from their immediate supervisor, next level supervisor, and HR. Employees taking graduate level courses must also obtain the signature of the Director of Payroll, Purchasing and Risk Management.
- Complete the Employee Cross-Registration form (Employees who are also matriculated students should still fill out the Employee form). Attach this to the Clarkson Tuition Form Request.
- Once both forms are complete, submit to SAS for processing*
*Cross-registration is offered on a space-available basis only. Students will not be added to the course(s) at the Host Institution until 1 week prior to the start of classes at the Host Institution. In the event that a course is full, students will be notified by the Host Institution by email. CU employees matriculated at one of the Associated Colleges should consult with the Host Institution's Registrar's office regarding enrollment.