Impact and blast loads
Emerging Leaders Alliance, Sponsored by American Concrete Institute, 2019
Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Awarded by Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Sponsored by Defense Intelligence Agency, 2016-2017
Outstanding Teaching Award for Graduate Students, Clarkson University, 2016
Outstanding Teaching Award for Graduate Students, Clarkson University, 2015
Student of the Year (Region 2), United States Department of Transportation, 2014
- S. Al-Rubaye, T. Sorensen, R.J. Thomas, and M. Maguire, “Generalized beam-spring model for partially composite concrete sandwich wall panels,” Engineering Structures, vol. 198, pp. 109533, November 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.109533
- R.J. Thomas, A.D. Sorensen, and M. Maguire, “Analytical models for three-dimensional diffusion of ions from salt-contaminated aggregates,” Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 19, April 2019. DOI: 10.1520/ACEM20180137
- S. Dorafshan, R.J. Thomas, and M. Maguire, “Comparison of deep convolutional neural networks and edge detectors for image-based crack detection in concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 186, pp. 1031-1045, October 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.08.011
- I. Quezada*, R.J. Thomas, and M. Maguire, “Internal curing to mitigate cracking in rapid set pavement repair media,” Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 660-674, November 2018. DOI: 10.1520/ACEM20170140
- R.J. Thomas, K. Steel, and A.D. Sorensen, “Reliability analysis of circular reinforced concrete columns subject to sequential vehicular impact and blast loading,” Engineering Structures, vol. 168, pp. 838-851, July 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.04.099
- R.J. Thomas, M. Maguire, A.D. Sorensen, and I. Quezada*, “Calcium sulfoaluminate (CSA) cement: Benefits and applications,” Concrete International, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 65-69, April 2018.
- R.J. Thomas and A.D. Sorensen, “Review of strain rate effects for UHPC in tension,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 153, pp. 846-856, October 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.07.168
- R.J. Thomas, D. Lezama**, and S. Peethamparan, “On drying shrinkage in alkali-activated concrete: Improving dimensional stability by aging or heat-curing,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 91, pp. 13-23, January 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconres.2016.10.003
- R.J. Thomas and S. Peethamparan, “Alkali-activated concrete: Engineering properties and stress-strain behavior,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 93, pp. 49-56, September 2015.
- B.S. Gebreziabiher, R.J. Thomas, and S. Peethamparan, “Very-early-age reaction kinetics and microstructural development in alkali-activated slag,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 55, pp. 91-102, January 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2014.09.001