- CAMP’s Faculty Advisory Board (2021. 05 – Present)
- Committee, C.A.M.P CMP Symposium (2021)
- ECS member and AIChE member
Dr. Seo’s research interests are in the development of CMP slurries and post-CMP cleaning solutions through a fundamental understanding of colloid and surface chemistry, liquid–solid interface chemistry, and the electrochemistry of various metallic and dielectric thin films and heterogeneous structures containing them.
- Research and development of new CMP slurries and Post-CMP cleaning solutions for copper, tungsten, cobalt, oxide, STI, and barrier metal layers.
- Colloidal Chemistry and Electrochemistry
- Nanoparticle synthesis and dispersion
- Particle adhesion and removal
- Atomic force microscopy & Evanescent Wave Microscopy
- 2018 Park AFM Scholarship by Park Systems Corp (May 2018)
- The Best Doctoral Dissertation Award by Hanyang Research Institute of Industrial Science (Feb 2017)
- The 9th Semiconductor Scholarship from the Korea Semiconductor Industry Association (Oct 2014)
Topic Editor of Applied Sciences (MDPI), Indexed in SCIE IF 2.47 (2020. 10 – Present)
Guest Editor of a Special Issue of Applied Sciences focusing on “Recent Advances in CMP Slurries and Post-CMP Cleaning”