Computational Fluid Dynamics, Marine Propulsion, Magnetohydrodynamics, Fluid-Structure Interaction, Heat Transfer.
Group Members: Dr. Bin Zhang (Research Assistant Professor), Kuangxu Chen (PhD student), Harry Werner (PhD student co-advised by Professors Bohl and Liang), Chi Ding (PhD student), Drew Safford (PhD student), Matt Darling (undergraduate), Kyle Fuller (undergraduate).
One 2014 Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Program Award.
One 2016 National Science Foundation CAREER Award.
One 2019 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE).
Overseas Research Student Award (2001-2004), Universities UK
- X. Zhang and C. Liang, An open boundary condition for high-order solutions of magnetohydrodynamics on unstructured grids, Int. Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1080/10618562.2020.1791835
- Zihua Qiu, Bin Zhang, Chunlei Liang, Min Xu, A high-order solver for simulating vortex-induced vibrations using sliding-mesh spectral difference method and hybrid grids, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol 90, 171-194, 2019.
- Mao Li, Zihua Qiu, Chunlei Liang, Michael A Sprague, Charles Garris, A New High-order Spectral Difference Method for Simulating Viscous Flows on Unstructured Grids with Mixed-Elements, Computers & Fluids, Vol 184, 187-198, 2019.
- Jingjing Yang, Chunlei Liang, A high-order flux reconstruction adaptive mesh refinement method for magnetohydrodynamics on unstructured grids. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Volume 86, 231-253, 2018.
- C. Cox, C. Liang and M. Plesniak, A high-order solver for unsteady incompressible Navier-Stokes equations using the flux reconstruction method on unstructured grids with implicit dual time stepping. Journal of Computational Physics , Vol 314, 414-435, 2016.
- B. Zhang and C. Liang, A Simple, Efficient, High-order Accurate Sliding-Mesh Interface Approach to the Spectral Difference Method on Coupled Rotating and Stationary Domains. Journal of Computational Physics, Vol 295, 147-16, 2015.
- J. Wang, C. Liang and M. S. Miesch, A Compressible High-Order Unstructured Spectral Difference Code for Stratified Convection in Rotating Spherical Shells, Journal of Computational Physics , Vol 290, pp 90-111, 2015.
- J. Chen, C. Liang and J. D. Lee, Numerical simulation for unsteady compressible Micropolar fluid flow, Computers and Fluids, vol 66, pp. 1-9, 2012.
- A. Chan, P. Dewey, Antony Jameson, C. Liang and A. Smits, Vortex suppression and drag reduction in the wake of counter-rotating cylinders, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 679: 343-382, 2011.
- C. Liang, K. Ou, S. Premasuthan, A. Jameson and Z. J. Wang. High-order accurate simulations of unsteady flow past plunging and pitching airfoils. Computers and Fluids, Vol 40, pages 236-248, Issue 1, 2011.
- J. Chen, C. Liang and J. D. Lee, Theory and Simulation of Micropolar Fluid Dynamics, Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanosystems, 224, 31-40, 2011.
- C. Liang, A. Jameson and Z. J. Wang. Spectral Difference method for two-dimensional compressible flow on unstructured grids with mixed elements. Journal of Computational Physics, vol 228, pp 2847-2858, 2009.
- C. Liang, R. Kannan and Z. J. Wang. A p-Multigrid Spectral Difference Method with explicit and implicit smoothers on unstructured triangular grids. Computers and Fluids, 38:254-265, 2009.
- C. Liang and G. Papadakis. Large Eddy Simulation of Flow over a Staggered Tube Bundle. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 23:1215-1230, 2007.
- T Stoesser, C Liang, W Rodi, G Jirka, “Large Eddy Simulation of Fully-developed Turbulent Flow Through Submerged Vegetation”, River Flow 2006, pp. 227-234.