The Aquatic Science, Engineering, and Technology (ASET) Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program (ASET-REU) is a 10-week program and immersive research experience exposing ten (10) undergraduates per year to authentic aquatic research.
This program is funded by NSF (Directorate of Biological Sciences and the Division of Ocean Sciences), Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2023!
ASET-REU interns will have opportunities to conduct research in a range of disciplines organized in broad categories of
- Aquatic Natural Sciences,
- Aquatic Sustainability Sciences and 3) Aquatic Resource Engineering. ASET will focus on the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River watershed environmental research. The program includes a programmatic emphasis on Indigenous Traditional Ecological Knowledge of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River with the community of Akwesasne (St. Regis Mohawk Tribe).
Scholars will be diverse in perspective, discipline, and demographics with intentional recruitment from a variety of institution types, grade levels, and disciplines/sub-disciplines.
Scholars will develop a diverse background and interdisciplinary network, foster an understanding of research, create strong relationships with mentors and peers, and acquire experiences in all aspects of “doing research”, motivating them toward and positioning them for a STEM career.
Departments & Organizations
- ASET Research Experience for Undergrads (REU)
- Career Opportunities
- Resources for Prospective Employees
- Learning Opportunities
- Our Workplace
- Employee Well-Being
- Retiree Resources
- Contact HR
- International Center
- Office of Student Life
- Office of University Advising (OUA)
- The Center for Advanced Materials Processing (CAMP)
The Clarkson REU program was an amazing experience which helped me narrow down my interests and find what I was truly interested in. Being able to be a part of a great cohort and group of professors left me with longtime friends and connections that I will cherish forever.
Ian Montgomery '22, BS Environmental Science