Dr. Stephanie Schuckers is the Paynter-Krigman Endowed Professor in Engineering Science in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Clarkson University and serves as the Director of the Center of Identification Technology Research (CITeR), a National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center. She received her doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering from The University of Michigan. Professor Schuckers research focuses on processing and interpreting signals which arise from the human body. Her work is funded from various sources, including National Science Foundation, Department of Homeland Security, and private industry, among others. She has started her own business, testified for Congress, and has over 40 journal publications as well as over 60 other academic publications.
Ph.D. - The University of Michigan
M.S.E. - The University of Michigan
B.S.E. - The University of Iowa
- Stochastic Processing
- Introduction to Biometrics
- Advanced Signal Processing
- Signals and Systems
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
My research focuses on processing and interpretation of signals which arise from the human body. Signals include the electrocardiogram and biometric signals like fingerprints and iris. Methods involve classic signal processing, statistical techniques, pattern recognition, algorithm development and evaluation, data mining, and image processing. Analysis is focused on data collected from cadaver, human, and animal studies.
- D L. Stevens, S A. Schuckers, Low Probability of Intercept Frequency Hopping Signal Characterization Comparison using the Spectrogram and the Scalogram, Global Journal of Research in Engineering,vol 16, 2016 .
- Ghiani, Luca, David A. Yambay, Valerio Mura, Gian Luca Marcialis, Fabio Roli, and Stephanie A. Schuckers. "Review of the Fingerprint Liveness Detection (LivDet) competition series: 2009 to 2015." Image and Vision Computing (2016).
- Schuckers, S, Presentations and Attacks, and Spoofs, Oh My, Journal of Image and Vision Computing, Available online 8 April 2016.
- Sharpe, E, Hua F, S Schuckers, Silvana Andreescu, and Ryan Bradley. "Effects of brewing conditions on the antioxidant capacity of twenty-four commercial green tea varieties." Food chemistry 192 (2016): 380-387.
- D Stevens, S Schuckers, Detection and Parameter Extraction of Low Probability of Intercept Radar Signals using the Hough Transform, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering: J General Engineering, Volume 15 Issue 6, 2015.
- McGuffey, C., Liu, C., & Schuckers, S. Hardware Accelerator Approach Towards Efficient Biometric Cryptosystems for Network Security. CIT. Journal of Computing and Information Technology, 23(4), 329-340, 2015.
- Al-Issa, Y., Njagi, J., Schuckers, S. C., & Suni, I. I. (2015). Amperometric Bioelectronic Tongue for glucose determination. Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 3, 31-37. 2015.
- F Anjomshoa, B Kantarci, M Erol-Kantarci, S Schuckers, Detection of Spoofed Identities on Smartphones via Sociability Metrics, 2017 IEEE ICC (accepted).
- E Newton, S Schuckers, Recommendations for Presentation Attack Detection: Mitigation of threats due to spoof attacks, Internation Biometric Performance Conference (IBPC) 2016.
- V Mura, L Ghiani, G L Marcialis, F Roli, D Yambay, S Schuckers, LivDet 2015 Fingerprint Liveness Detection Competition 2015, IEEE BTAS 2015.
- X Qi and C Liu, GPU-Accelerated Key Frame Analysis for Face Detection in Video, The 1st IEEE workshop on Delay Sensitive Video Computing in the Cloud (DSVCC), as part of IEEE CloudCom 2015, Vancouver, Canada, Nov. 30 - Dec. 3, 2015.
- Kantarci, B., Erol-Kantarci, M., & Schuckers, S. Towards secure cloud-centric Internet of Biometric Things. In Cloud Networking (CloudNet), 2015 IEEE 4th International Conference on (pp. 81-83). IEEE. Chicago, 2015.
- D Rissacher, D Galy, S Schuckers, W Zhang, M Southcott, L Rumbaugh, W Jemison, Cardiac Radar for Biometric Identification using Nearest Neighbour of Continuous Wavelet Transform Peaks, ISBA 2015, Hong Kong.
- Liu, C., Petroski, B., Cordone, G., Torres, G., Schuckers, S. Iris matching algorithm on many-core platforms. In Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), 2015 IEEE International Symposium on (pp. 1-6). IEEE, 2015.
- Huang, J., Hou, D., Schuckers, S., & Hou, Z. Effect of data size on performance of free-text keystroke authentication. In Identity, Security and Behavior Analysis (ISBA), 2015 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 1-7). IEEE, 2015.
- F Anjomshoa, B Kantarci, M Erol-Kantarci, and S Schuckers. "A mobile platform for sociability-based continuous identification." In Computer Aided Modelling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), 2016 IEEE 21st International Workshop on, pp. 149-151. IEEE, 2016.
- F Anjomshoa, M Catalfamo, D Hecker, N Helgeland, A Rasch, B Kantarci, M Erol-Kantarci, and S Schuckers. "Mobile behaviometric framework for sociability assessment and identification of smartphone users." In Computers and Communication (ISCC), 2016 IEEE Symposium on, pp. 1084-1089. IEEE, 2016.
- Huang, J., Hou, D., & S. Schuckers, Effects of Text Filtering on Authentication Performance of Keystroke Biometrics, IEEE WIFS, 2016.
- D. Yambay, B.Walczak , S. Schuckers, A. Czajka, LivDet-Iris 2015 – Iris Liveness Detection Competition 2015, IEEE ISBA, 2017.