A complete application consists of the following:
- Online Application Form
- Statement of Purpose.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Official Transcripts.
- GRE Test Scores.
- Optional: Applications will be read without GRE test scores, but applicants should submit scores if they believe they will enhance their application.
- For International Applicants, an English Proficiency Test is required.
- Minimum Test Score Requirements: TOEFL (80), IELTS (6.5), PTE (56) and Duolingo English Test (115).
Prerequisites: Applicants must have a BS or equivalent degree in physics or a closely related subject. Applicants are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application. Furthermore, applicants should have achieved a grade of ‘B+’ or better in all physics and math subjects taken.
For those seeking Teaching or Research Assistantships:
- A GRE score of at least 319 is recommended (minimum verbal score of 156 and minimum quantitative score of 163).
- GRE Physics Subject Test scores are not required, but are recommended.
- International applicants should have a minimum score of 26 in each section of the TOEFL, 7.0 on each band of the IELTS (with minimum Speaking band of 7.5), or comparable PTE or Duolingo English Test scores.
MS students interested in pursuing the PhD, will be required to sit for the placement test offered by the Department of Physics. This is offered annually in August. This score, in addition to prior academic record, publications, and teaching performance, will be considered prior to formal admittance into the PhD program.