Benefits of the Certificate in Construction Engineering Management Program
Students in Clarkson’s Certificate in Construction Engineering Management program
- Gain contemporary construction knowledge, which equips them to further their careers and help their firms.
- Receive the preparation they need to successfully obtain credentials as a LEED Green Associate or an Envision Sustainability Professional - a step that can increase salaries.
- Earn New York state-approved Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Time spent on each of the three required classes counts toward the PDHs needed to fulfill continuing education requirements for licensure or to maintain credentials.
- Become part of a strong alumni network. Numerous construction companies in New York state are led by Clarkson graduates.
- Are already on their way to earning an MS/ME degree, if they wish to continue. All three courses required for the Certificate in Construction Engineering Management program may also be applied toward Clarkson’s master’s in civil and environmental engineering degree.
This graduate certificate program consists of three classes, for a total of 9 credits, that are specifically tailored to today’s construction industry. These classes will give you critical, hands-on construction engineering management experience and an unprecedented depth of technical and practical mastery. Each class is taught by a leading industry expert in the construction field.
Michael F. Lynch ’71 (ME), P.E., AIA
Division Director, State Historic Preservation Office, New York
Joe Pulicare ’78 (CEE)
President, US Transportation & Infrastructure - WSP USA
William Thomsen ’78 (CEE)
President and CEO, Urban Engineers (New York), D.P.C.
Patrick Murnane ’79 (CEE)
President/Owner, Murnane Building Contractors, Inc., and Chairman, AGC NYS
Robert LiMandri ’87 (ME)
Senior Principal, Vidaris (and former building commissioner in NYC)
Erik Gundel ’89 (CEE)
Vice President of Operations, Kiewit Northeast
Andrew Pilipczuk ’96 (CE)
Senior Project Manager (Healthcare), Turner Construction Company
Maggie Kwan ’97 (CE)
First Vice President of Civil & Structural Engineering, Tishman Construction (an AECOM Company)
General Admission Requirements
A complete application file consists of the following items:
- application form
- resume and statement of purpose
- letters of recommendation — two letters required
- official transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable)
Supplemental information may be submitted if desired; this could include any other information that may help us evaluate your application.