Learn to Direct All Project Stages From Pre-Design to Completion
Advance your career while growing your understanding of construction project management.
The Master of Science in Construction Engineering Management (MSCEM) equips you with key knowledge and hands-on experience.
Courses are available on campus, online and in a hybrid format. The program advisor and director of Construction Engineering Management (CEM) is Dr. Erik Backus. Your project advisor is selected through mutual agreement between the director of CEM, an industry project advisor and yourself.
Why Study Construction Engineering Management?
Explore building and infrastructure from pre-design to project completion. At the same time, an emphasis on business acumen gets you ready for leadership.
Give your career the boost it needs:
- Hands-on Learning: Courses employ project-based, hands-on learning. Our students further interact with a variety of construction engineering management organizations. This combination deepens your technical and practical mastery. You can also apply what you’ve acquired directly on the job.
- Flexibility: Take courses at multiple Clarkson campuses, complete your degree entirely online or do so through both formats. The typical student takes two courses per semester to finish in one to two years.
- Interdisciplinary: Construction managers are expected to pull from a diverse skill set. Here, advance your foundation in civil and environmental engineering topics. Then, take your knowledge of construction engineering to the next level. Master of Business Administration courses round out what you bring to the job.
- Comprehensive: Gain detailed insight into resource planning, scheduling, estimation, materials, systems, safety, sustainability and quality control.
The curriculum covers:
- Advanced construction engineering.
- Sustainable infrastructure.
- Construction industry topics.
- Advanced civil and environmental engineering.
- Business management courses in finance, accounting, supply chain management and other functional areas.
Review the full curriculum below.