Online Student Consumer Protection

Clarkson University participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which allows Clarkson to provide distance education to students residing in other NC-SARA states. For a list of participating states and institutions, you may visit the NC-SARA directory.

NC-SARA requires Clarkson to provide distance education students residing in other NC-SARA states with the opportunity to file grievances. A student may file a grievance if they feel they have been misled, or did not receive the educational experience they expected. Out-of-state distance education students may have their complaints investigated through the NC-SARA process. The following grievance procedure must be followed:

  1. The student must first follow Grievance Procedures prescribed in Clarkson Student Regulations.
  2. If the complaint is not resolved at the institutional level, the student may file a complaint with NYSED, which is the NC-SARA State Portal Entity. NYSED will investigate and resolve allegations of misleading or false information.

Additional information on the student complaint process and recommended procedure is available for NC-SARA.

Any complaints made by students residing within New York State are not subject to NC-SARA involvement, and should follow the procedures detailed in the Clarkson Student Regulations. Any complaints made regarding grades or student conduct are governed by Clarkson University policy and are not subject to NC-SARA involvement.

Any individuals interested or involved in Clarkson University programs leading to professional licensure are encouraged to visit Clarkson’s web page on Professional Licensure Disclosures.

CTA Block