Look to the Future of Engineering and Design
Sustainable engineering projects are no longer a novelty. Instead, they represent the present and future of building and infrastructure design. This approach further helps preserve our world’s natural resources.
Looking to fuel this progress? Enhance your bachelor’s degree with a minor in environmental engineering. Take a step toward more responsible design. Improve our world for future generations while reducing humanity’s impact. Acquire a specialization and graduate with a Bachelor of Science plus an environmental engineering minor.
The environmental engineering minor is open to all students at Clarkson University, not already majoring in environmental engineering.
Why Study Environmental Engineering?
Environmental engineering has branched off from civil engineering. All engineers are encouraged to have an understanding of sustainability and responsible design.
- Where is this knowledge essential? Learn to:
- Responsibly develop water resources.
- Reduce the effects of pollution.
- Eliminate hazards and solid waste.
- Develop structures and waste management solutions that minimally impact our world.
- Preserve water, air and soil quality.
- Spearhead projects that decrease global energy consumption.
- Materials balances
- Chemical engineering
- Microbiology and molecular biology
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Industrial ecology
- Environmental systems analysis and design
- Sustainable development engineering
- Groundwater hydrology
- Air pollution control
Review the full curriculum below.