Do you want to do cutting-edge research in your field under the guidance of a faculty member? Do you want engage in real world projects that develop collaboration and communication skills? Do you want to enhance your education with study abroad, travel to conferences, and service learning opportunities? Would you like to participate in a leadership development program and are you willing to regularly engage in service to the campus and local community?
If your answer is “Yes!” to all of these questions then we’d like you to apply to the Honors Program.
The Honors Program is for high-achieving students who want to get more out of their education and want to give back more to their communities.
About the Honors Program
Admission to the Honors Program is highly competitive and requires a separate application. Learn more about the Honors Program application process.
The Honors Program offers unique academic challenges and experiential learning opportunities to prepare Clarkson University’s most promising students to lead fulfilling lives and to drive positive change in science, technology, and society. Committed to diversity, inclusion, and excellence, the Honors Program provides:
- A curriculum that focuses on real-world interdisciplinary projects to develop ethical awareness and vital skills in problem-solving, teamwork, and communication;
- Research opportunities that cultivate critical thinking and collaborative relationships with faculty;
- Dedicated advising and professional development programs that help students envision and pursue their career goals;
- A residential learning community and both peer and alumni mentorship programs that build social support, professional networks, and lifelong friendships;
- Leadership and service requirements that ensure that students are actively engaged and give back to their communities;
- Funding for study abroad, conference travel, and other opportunities to apply knowledge outside the classroom, broaden perspective, and build social capital.