Clarkson's Celebration & Recognition of Excellence Weekend (CREW)
Each Spring, Clarkson University has a tradition of holding recognition and awards events that honor the outstanding achievements of our faculty, staff and students. We take this time to recognize the talented and diverse members that make up our community, as well as to celebrate all the unique ways our Golden Knights have spent their year rising to meet challenges big and small, broadening their knowledge and understanding, excelling in research, scholarship, leadership, athletics, innovation, and more.
These celebrations culminate in a concluding set of ceremonies that bring together the entire Clarkson community. These ceremonies demonstrate how Golden Knights continue to Rise to every challenge. Families and loved ones are invited to join in the festivities on campus.
Scroll Down To See The 2022 Winners
A number of events are held by various departments and groups across campus, including:
- A celebration of recognition reception luncheon, with the opportunity for the Clarkson community to learn about and celebrate the historical significance of the weekend, and hear from a keynote speaker.
- Diversity and Inclusion Awards and Banquet. This invitation-only banquet honors all student organizations and individuals that have promoted growth in the area of diversity on this campus and the surrounding community
- The President’s Challenge Showcase (Ignite), where teams will display the projects and prototypes they’ve been working on all year. Final awards are announced and presented during the showcase.
- Research & Excellence Awards / Research & Projects Showcase (RAPS), which highlights the groundbreaking and sponsored research activity by Clarkson’s undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty.
- Academic and Departmental Awards: high achieving students have a personalized award presentation where their accomplishments will be recognized.
- STEM QuESTS Challenge: Clarkson students create a hands-on educational activity to help spark STEM interest for local middle and high school students. Students across STEM disciplines work in teams to create innovative and inspiring lesson plans. Winners receive prizes up to $1,500.
- University Recognition Day & Phalanx - where Academic, University Service and Leadership Awards & Phalanx Induction takes place, and is the culmination of the weekend’s activities. It serves as a current rendition of the Clarkson tradition of “rising” as an entire body, as well as the announcement and induction of the next cohort of Phalanx, Clarkson’s highest honor society.