Reach beyond yourself and into the community.
Volunteering and community service can be one of the most fulfilling opportunities you'll find at Clarkson. By reaching out and offering your energy, talent and compassion, you can make a real difference in people's lives. Through service to others, you will gain a better understanding of yourself, demonstrate classroom learning, and increase leadership, team building and management skills. That's why service is a core value of Clarkson; it benefits both the students and the community. Service helps develop a sense of social responsibility and civic pride.
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities in the area. This isn't an inclusive list, but we would like it to be. To suggest a service project or partner, contact the Office of Student Life at email@example.com.
- Adult Literacy
- Best Friends Thrift Store
- Boys & Girls Club of Massena
- Deep Root Center for Self-Directed Learning (DRC)
- Girl Scouts
- Renewal House
- St. Lawrence County Arts Council
- The Child Advocacy Center of Northern NY
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- ICE Mentor
- Lawrence Avenue Elementary
- North Country Children's Museum
- Potsdam Humane Society
- Potsdam Neighborhood Center
- Potsdam Public Library
- Potsdam Snack Pack Program (PSPP)
- The Local Living Venture
- Traditional Arts of Upstate New York (TAUNY)