Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Web-based information systems and strategic planning for business uses of the Internet. Special interest in Web-based distance education, enterprise resources planning (ERP), Management of Technology, and enterprise information integration. Teaching includes courses in the areas of management information systems and computer networks.
. Grant for researching offshore outsourcing of R&D, Summer 2007, USD 3,000.
2. Grant for researching the role of social capital in enhancing business process / supply chain process outsourcing outcomes, Summer 2006. Amount: USD 4,500.
3. Grant for researching dynamic capabilities and the role of supply chain identity in a supply chain, Summer 2004. Amount: USD 3,500.
4. Grant for researching supply chain integration through B2B exchanges, Summer 2003. Amount: USD 3,000.
5. Grant for researching implementation issues in e-Supply Chains and for developing an e-business information systems course, Summer 2002. Amount: USD 7,770
6. Grant for project Web-based Supply Chain Management: Reference Model and Systems Design, Summer 2000. Amount: USD 7,5000.
1. Pant, S. and Kishore, R. Antecedents of Social Capital in Offshore Business Process Outsourcing: An Indian Field Study. Indore Management Journal, Vol. 7 No. 1, January – June 2015, pp. 1-17.
2. Jaroliya, P., Jaroliya, D., and Pant, S. An Empirical Analysis of Human Resource Information Systems Usage and Benefits in Institutes of Higher Learning, Journal of Information Science and Technology, 11(1), 2014.
3. Pant, S. and Lado, A. Strategic Business Process Offshoring and Competitive Advantage: Role of Strategic Intent and Absorptive Capacity, Journal of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2013.
4. Pant, S, Chatterjee, A, and Jaroliya, D. e-HRM Systems Implementation: A Conceptual Framework, Indore Management Journal (Indian Institute of Management, Indore), Vol. 4 No. 1, 2012, pp. 24-35.
5. T. Ravichandran., Pant, S., and, Chatterjee, D. Impact Of Industry Structure on the Structure of B2B Vertical Hubs, Journal of IEEE Transactions on Engineering and Management , Vol. 54, No. 3, 2007, pp. 506-521. (Awarded ‘Honorable Mention’ for all the papers published in the journal in 2007).
6.Joshi, K., and Pant, S. Development of a Framework to Assess and Guide IT Investments: An Analysis Based on a Discretionary - Mandatory Classification, International Journal of Information Management, Vol 28, No. 3, 2007, pp 181-193.
7. Mahmoodi, F., Wasserman, M. E, and Pant, S., Supply chain management program at Clarkson University: a systems approach, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2006.
8. Mahmoodi, F., Wasserman, M. E, and Pant, S., Evolution of supply chain management education in North America, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2006.
9. Sethi, R., Pant, S., and Sethi, A., Web-based Product Development Systems Integration and New Product Outcomes: A Conceptual Framework, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 20, No. 1, January 2003.
10. Pant, S., Sethi, R., and Bhandari, M. Making Sense of the Supply Chain Landscape: An Implementation Framework, International Journal of Information Management,Volume 20, April 2003.
11. Pant, S., Sim, H. T., and Hsu, C., Developing a Web Information Systems Plan: The Case of Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd, Information and Management, Vol. 38, No. 6, July 2001.
12. Pant, S. and T. Ravichandran., A Framework for Information Systems Planning for E-business, Logistics Information Management Journal, Volume 14, No. 1/2, 2001
13. Pant, S. and Hsu, C., An Integrated Framework for Strategic Information Systems Planning and Development, Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 11, No. 4, Fall 1998
14. Pant, S. and Hsu, C., Business On The Web: Strategies and Economics, Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, Vol. 28, No. 7-11, May 1996
15. Pant, S. and Ruff, L., A Survey of Issues and Techniques in Economic Justification for Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 8, No.1, Winter 1995
16. Pant, S., Rattner, L., Hsu, C., Manufacturing Information Integration Using a Reference Model, International Journal of Operations and Production Management , Vol. 14, No. 11, 1994