Michigan State University
Current research and teaching interests include Sourcing Strategy and E-Procurement; Capabilities, Practices and Performance Relationship; Manufacturing and Supply Chain Flexibility; Advanced Manufacturing Practices and Environment Management; Re-manufacturing and Reverse Logistics; and Utility Theory and Multi-Criteria Decision Models.
- Mahapatra, S., Barbieri, P., and Rahimian, S. (2020). "A Content-analytic Understanding of Factors Contributing to the Success of Proactive Environmental Strategy." The International Journal of Environmental Sustainability 16 (1): 1-28. DOI:10.18848/2325-1077/CGP/v16i01/1-28.
- Mahapatra, S., Narasimhan, R., and Hult, G. T. M. (2020). “Strategic Sourcing Across Product Life Cycle Stages: Relevance of Multiple-Mode Governance”. International Journal of Integrated Supply Management 13(1):1-27. DOI: 10.1504/IJISM.2020.10026099.
- Mahapatra, S., Narasimhan, R., and Barbieri, P. (2019). “A Contingent Assessment of Structural and Governance Characteristics in Multi-tier Supply Chains: Insights from Interconnected Dyads.” International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 39 (5), pp. 714-738.
- Mahapatra, S., William, W. S., Padhy, R. K. (2019). “Alignment in the Base of the Pyramid (BoP) Producer Supply Chains: The Case of the Handloom Sector in Odisha, India.” Journal of Business Logistics, 40(2), 126-144.
- Pant, S. and Mahapatra, S. (2018). “Bank Mediated Financial Supply Chains: Implications for Supply Chain Strategy and Operations.” International Journal of Supply and Operations Management, 5(4), pp 298-318.
- Cole, D., Mahapatra, S. and Webster, S. (2017). “A Comparison of Buyback and Trade-In Policies to Acquire Used Products for Remanufacturing.” Journal of Business Logistics, 38(3), pp 217-232.
- Mahapatra, S., Levental, S., and Narasimhan, R. (2017). “Market Price Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and Procurement: Combining Contracts and Open Market Sourcing Alternatives.” International Journal of Production Economics, 185(3), pp 34-51.
- Mahapatra, S., Bisi, A., Narasimhan, R., and Levental, S. (2016) “Integrated Contract and Market Procurement By A Risk Averse Buying Firm.” IEEE Transactions in Engineering Management, 63(2), pp 151-164.
- Milne, R. J., Mahapatra, S. and Wang, C. (2015). “Optimizing Planned Lead Times for Enhancing Performance of MRP systems.” International Journal of Production Economics, 167, pp 120-131.
- Mahapatra, S., Pal, R., Hult, G. T. M., and Talluri, S. (2015). “Assessment of Proactive Environmental Initiatives: Evaluation of Efficiency Based on Interval Scale Data.” IEEE Transactions in Engineering Management, 62(2), pp 280-293.
- Mahapatra, S., Das, A., Narasimhan, R. (2012). A Contingent Theory of Supplier Management Initiatives: Effects of Competitive Intensity and Product Life Cycle. Journal of Operations Management, 30(5), pp 406-422.
- Mahapatra, S., Yu, D., Mahmoodi, F. (2012). Impact of the Pull and Push-Pull Policies on the Performance of a Multi-Stage Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 50(16), pp 4699–4717.
- Mahapatra, S., Pal, R., Narasimhan, R. (2012). Hybrid (re)manufacturing: manufacturing and operational implications. International Journal of Production Research 50(14), pp 3786–3808.
- Mahapatra, S., Narasimhan, R., Barbieri, P. (2010) “Strategic Interdependence, Governance Effectiveness and Supplier Performance: A Case Study Investigation and Theory Development”. Journal of Operations Management, 28(6), pp 537-552.