Michigan State University
Current research and teaching interests include Sourcing Strategy and E-Procurement; Capabilities, Practices and Performance Relationship; Manufacturing and Supply Chain Flexibility; Advanced Manufacturing Practices and Environment Management; Re-manufacturing and Reverse Logistics; and Utility Theory and Multi-Criteria Decision Models.
Cole, D., Mahapatra, S., and Webster, S. (2017) “A Comparison of Buyback and Trade-in Policies to Acquire Used Products for Remanufacturing.” Journal of Business Logistics (forthcoming).
· Mahapatra, S., Levental, S., and Narasimhan, R. (2017). “Market Price Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and Procurement: Combining Contracts and Open Market Sourcing Alternatives.” International Journal of Production Economics, 185, pp 34-51.
· Mahapatra, S., Bisi, A., Narasimhan, R., and Levental, S. (2016) “Integrated Contract and Market Procurement By A Risk Averse Buying Firm.” IEEE Transactions in Engineering Management, 63(2), pp 151-164.
· Milne, R. J., Mahapatra, S. and Wang, C. (2015). “Optimizing Planned Lead Times for Enhancing Performance of MRP systems.”International Journal of Production Economics, 167, pp 120-131.
· Mahapatra, S., Pal, R., Hult, T., and Talluri, S. (2015). “Assessment of Proactive Environmental Initiatives: Evaluation of Efficiency Based on Interval Scale Data.” IEEE Transactions in Engineering Management, 62(2), pp 280-293.
· Mahapatra, S., Das, A., Narasimhan, R. (2012). A Contingent Theory of Supplier Management Initiatives: Effects of Competitive Intensity and Product Life Cycle. Journal of Operations Management, 30(5), pp 406-422.
· Mahapatra, S., Yu, D., Mahmoodi, F. (2012). Impact of the Pull and Push-Pull Policies on the Performance of a Multi-Stage Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 50(16), pp 4699–4717.
- Mahapatra, S., Pal, R., Narasimhan, R. (2012). Hybrid (re)manufacturing: manufacturing and operational implications. International Journal of Production Research 50(14), pp 3786–3808.
- Mahapatra, S., Narasimhan, R., Barbieri, P. (2010) “Strategic Interdependence, Governance Effectiveness and Supplier Performance: A Case Study Investigation and Theory Development”. Journal of Operations Management, 28(6), pp 537-552.