University of Massachusetts - Boston
Erin has worked in online higher education for over 20 years, and brings a wealth of knowledge in instructional design, higher education, technology, communication, multimedia design, and accessibility. She is currently the Managing Instructional Designer for the Teaching & Learning Corner at Clarkson University, collaborating with faculty to build and improve their online courses. She has spoken at various conferences including Blackboard World, the Quality Matters Annual Conference and the Online Learning Consortium’s Annual International Conference. Erin is an award-winning and published expert in accessible online learning design, with a specific interest in making learning successful for all students, no matter the barriers. Erin prides herself on collaborating with faculty in a friendly, practical, and empathetic manner and strives to provide creative and engaging learning solutions.
Erin resides in Erin, NY with her husband, Josh who is also a Clarkson alumni and identical twin 7-year old daughters, Kaycie and Peyton.
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer from Quality Matters
- Quality Matters Master Reviewer from Quality Matters
- Quality Matters Online Facilitator from Quality Matters
- Quality Matters Face-to-Face Facilitator from Quality Matters
- Accessible Information Technology from EASI/University of Southern Maine
- 2021 US Distance Learning Association Excellence in Teaching/Training Award for the development, management, and facilitation of the RISE: Reframing Instruction for Success Everywhere workshop for instructors
- 2021 Effective Practice Award from the Online Learning Consortium for the development, management, and facilitation of the RISE: Reframing Instruction for Success Everywhere workshop for instructors
- 2021 Phalanx Distinguished Service Award from Phalanx, Clarkson’s highest honorary society.
- 2016 Effective Practice Award from the Online Learning Consortium for Retrofitting and Proactivity for Accessibility in Online Courses
- First Place 2010-2011 CENTSS (Center for Transforming Student Services) Innovation Award in Personal Services Suite for Success Strategies for Military and Veterans online course
- Robinson, C. J., & Driskel, L., & Blauvelt, E., & Perry, L. (2021, July), Class Exercises Involving Ethical Issues Reinforce the Importance and Reach of Biomedical Engineering (and the Impact of the Coronavirus on Teaching Strategy and Measures of Assessment) Paper presented at 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access, Virtual Conference. 10.18260/1-2--36796
- Robinson, C. J., & Driskel, L., & Blauvelt, E., & Perry, L. J. (2021, July), Teaching an Immersive Experiential Introductory Biomedical Engineering Course in the Land of Covid (AKA: An Old Dog Has to Learn New Tricks) Paper presented at 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access, Virtual Conference. https://peer.asee.org/37807
- Get rid of the gray: Make accessibility more black and white!. Internet Learning. 3 (1), 16 - 24. Retrieved from http://www.ipsonet.org/publications/open-access/internet-learning