Originally from the United Kingdom, Kocho-Williams came to Clarkson in 2018. He holds degrees from the University of Manchester in the UK. Before coming to Clarkson, he was Senior Lecturer in Modern European History at Aberystwyth University. Prior to that, he was Senior Lecturer in International History at the University of the West of England, and Lecturer in Soviet History at the University of Leeds. Kocho-Williams is an elected fellow of the Royal Historical Society. He is also a member of the Institute of Historical Research, the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies, the Association for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies, the Society for Co-operation in Russian and Soviet Studies and the British International History Group.
He is proficient in Russian, German and French.
Ph.D. - University of Manchester, UK
Modern European History M.A - University of Manchester, UK
History B.A (Hons) - University of Manchester, UK
- The Clarkson Seminar
- War and Society
- The Cold War
- The Soviet Union at War
- Russian and Soviet History
- International Relations in the 20th Century
- War Studies
- Modern European History
- Russian and Soviet foreign policy and diplomacy
- Soviet anti-imperialism and anti-colonialism
- International Communism
- Aberystwyth University Research Leave Grant,
University of the West of England Early Career Researcher Starter Grant,
University of the West of England Research Leave Grant
University of Leeds Research Support Grant.
- Russia’s International Relations in the Twentieth Century (2012)
- Russian and Soviet Diplomacy, 1900-1939 (2011)
- The Twentieth Century Russia Reader (2011)