The Heintzelman Cape Cod Scholars Program offers high achieving Cape Cod students a $50,000 scholarship to attend Clarkson University.
At Clarkson University, we care about making college affordable for our students. At least 90% of our students are offered financial aid. This, in combination with our incredible career placement (97%) and starting salary statistics (nearly $61K average), provides our students with a great return on their investment.
Clarkson offers the Heintzelman Cape Cod Scholars Program exclusively for high achieving Cape Cod high school students to help further reduce the cost of attending Clarkson. The program provides a $50,000 scholarship - $12,500 per year, for up to four years of undergraduate study at Clarkson.
To be considered for this scholarship, students must attend a high school in the Cape Cod area (Nantucket, Barnstable and Dukes counties), apply to Clarkson University and complete the scholarship application.
How to Apply
STEP 1 - APPLY TO CLARKSON
The first step to applying for the Heintzelman Cape Cod Scholars Program is applying to Clarkson University for undergraduate admission. Only students applying for first-time admission for the fall 2020 semester will be eligible at this time. Learn more about how to apply to Clarkson University. If you’ve already applied, move on to Step 2.
STEP 2 - CREATE YOUR SUBMISSION MATERIALS
The second step to applying for the Heintzelman Cape Cod Scholars Program is to create a 2- to 3-minute video OR an approximately 200-word statement on ONE of the following topics:
1. Clarkson students embody our seven values: teamwork, caring, integrity, vision, diversity, service, growth and diligence. Explain how you embody 1-2 of these values.
2. Clarkson students care about what comes after college. Where do you see yourself in five years? In 20 years?
3. Clarkson students know their purpose or are looking to find it. What is your purpose or passion? What impact could you have on your community, the world or another person?
STEP 3 - SUBMIT YOUR HEINTZELMAN CAPE COD SCHOLARS APPLICATION MATERIALS
The last step is submitting your video or written statement through the Heintzelman Cape Cod Scholars Program form by no later than February 1, 2020. You can find this form by logging in to your application status page and finding it under "additional" on your To Do list! If you are choosing to submit a video, we ask that you upload your video to YouTube as an “unlisted” video and share the link with us on the form. If you are choosing to submit a written statement, we suggest you write it first and then copy and paste it into the form.
- How to upload an unlisted video to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVWGHtRTuE
- How to create a YouTube account: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/161805?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en