Between now and then, there are several action steps you will need to complete before classes begin:
- Slate: Be sure to check back on your Clarkson School Application status page in Slate. This Status Page will be updated with important forms that you need to complete as you prepare to join us in August!
- PeopleSoft: PeopleSoft is the administrative system that we use at Clarkson to handle a multitude of things including but not limited to class schedules, final exam schedules, financial aid and account information, roommate assignments, and your orientation forms and paperwork that need to be submitted prior to your arrival. Once you log in to your PeopleSoft account, you need to click Student Services Center where you will then see your “To Do List” on the right hand side providing a listing of all the forms that need to be completed this summer and prior to your arrival. As you complete the forms, they will disappear from your to-do list.
- Clarkson E-mail: You should start checking your Clarkson email account on a regular basis. This will be the primary way we communicate with you over the summer and throughout the academic year. You can login to your account by going to http://gmail.com and using your Clarkson User Name and Password to log in.
- Academics/Class Schedule: We will be putting your schedule together over the summer. We will build your schedule based on the information that you provide on the Clarkson School Pre-Registration Form that you complete in Slate. For more information, visit Academics.
- Orientation: All incoming Clarkson School students are required to participate in Clarkson School Orientation.
Clarkson School Student Move in: August 24
Camp Oswegatchie Trip: August 25-26
General Clarkson University Orientation: August 27-29
On the 24th, after move-in, we invite you to join us for the TCS Welcome Ceremony, followed by student life and parent orientations!
Specific sessions and times will be sent to you via email throughout the summer. You will likely have a few mandatory virtual sessions to attend.
Make sure you have your @clarkson.edu email set up and are checking it periodically as we approach the fall.
- Housing: The Clarkson School Housing Contract lists the rules and expectations for both residential and commuter Clarkson School students. By filling out the Clarkson School Housing Questionnaire, you agree to abide by the rules and expectations outlined in the Clarkson School Housing Contract and The Clarkson School Student and Family Handbook. The Housing Questionnaire and the Housing Contract can both be found in Slate. Clarkson School student housing assignments will be made available on PeopleSoft in late July. For more information on Housing, please visit Residence Life.
- Meals: Our meal plans are designed for maximum flexibility to mirror the busy student lifestyle. While all meal plans are available, we strongly recommend the "Golden Knight" for all incoming freshmen. For more information on Meals, please visit Residence Life.
Information for Parents: The Clarkson School works in partnership with parents and families to keep communication lines open. We encourage you to participate in your student's education and help him/her make the most of the Clarkson School experience.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 315-268-4425. We also encourage you to become a member of the Clarkson School Class of 2022 page on Facebook and a fan of The Clarkson School page. We are also on Instagram: theclarksonschool.