At Clarkson, we welcome the opportunity to host your high school or community organization group visit and to give you a unique experience tailored to the needs of your students. Whether you're part of an Upward Bound program, a science class or a guidance counselor led group, our staff is here to create a memorable visit for all of your participants. All of our high group visits take place at our main campus in Potsdam, New York. Requests for visits to our Capital Region Campus in Schenectady, New York, can only be filled on a case-by-case basis.
A group visit typically includes:
- Taking a full or condensed tour of campus, led by one or more of our student admissions ambassadors.
- An overview of Clarkson University including information about our 50+ programs of study, study abroad opportunities, extracurricular offerings and so much more!
• All groups must fill out our High School Group Campus Visit Request Form found here.
• Groups will be hosted Monday through Friday only. Special requests for Saturday visits can be made but will be granted at the discretion of the Admissions team based on staff availability.
• Tours and admissions presentations are provided without fees for groups of 8th grade and higher.
• Clarkson has the right to determine the final schedule of any group visit; our staff will do our best to accommodate all requests for activities within the allotted amount of time.
• Groups must have at least one chaperone per every 15 students.
Booking & Cancellations:
• Group visits must be requested at least 10 business days (two weeks) in advance. If your group is larger than 100 students, please give at least four weeks notice.
• If cancellation is necessary, we ask that you try to cancel five (5) business days (one week) before your scheduled visit.
• If audio/visual above and beyond what is required for standard activities is requested, a fee will be assessed.