Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts are due Tuesday, March 24 at 4:30 PM.
Abstracts must be submitted on time in order to be placed in a judged, thematic session. Late submissions will be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
Your abstract submission notifies us of your continued intent to participate and provides important information that helps us to place you in an appropriate session. It will also be used by judges and attendees to help them understand the content of your presentation.
Abstracts may be submitted as word document files through email to email@example.com after the SURE Conference Registration Form is submitted. If you encounter problems while using the registration form, please let us know so we can assist you.
Before you submit your abstract, make sure that your abstract fits on one page and conforms to the following quidelines:
- Title (Times New Roman, 14 pt. font, bold, centered): Provide a short descriptive title of no more than 20 words.
- Authors (Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, bold, centered): List all authors, underlinging presenter's name(s).
- Affiliations (Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, centered): Use superscripts to identify institutional affiliations of authors on the line immediately below their names.
- Contact (Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, centered): List email of contact of author or speaker
- Text (Times New Roman, 10 pt. font, single spaced, left and right justified): Provide a single-paragraph description of your presentation in no more than 200 words.
- Figures and references may be included below the abstract paragraph as long as everything fits on one page.
- Acknowledgements (Times New Roman, 10 pt. font, single spaced, left justified): If you wish to note sponsorship, you may do so in a short paragraph below your abstract, not to exceed 40 words.
- Mentors(s) (Times New Roman 10 pt. font, left justified): List all mentors and identify their institution affiliations.
An example of a properly formatted abstract that can be used as a template can be viewed here.
If you have any questions about your abstract, the submission form, or the conference, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some advice on writing abstracts, see: http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/essays/abstract.html
For more advice and some samples of undergraduate abstracts, see: http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/presentations_abstracts.html