Student organizations interested in hosting an event in the Student Center must submit an event request on Knight Life. Faculty and staff may request Student Center spaces by submitting their request on Virtual EMS, however these spaces will only be approved within the Student Center Use Policy.
Student Center Use Policy
The Student Center is the hub of campus activity; a place where students can spend time between classes, hold club meetings, and attend a variety of events including live performances, screenings, and activities.
This building was designed with student groups and organizations in mind, and so to uphold the integrity of this student-centered space, the Student Center Committee, in collaboration with the CUSA Senate, has developed the following policies for utilizing the building and making reservations:
- The following areas in the Student Center can be reserved: MultiPurpose Rooms (MPRs), the Forum, Lounge/Pool Tables, Game Room, Concourses, Second Floor Lounge, Tables and two Student Organization Suite Rooms.
- The Student Organization Suite Rooms are reservable for student organizations and student-led meetings only.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to request space for meetings only from 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday, when student activity in the building is lower.
- Requests from faculty or staff at any other times will be accepted only if they are hosting events geared towards and inclusive of all students and pertaining to co-curricular student life and activities. Some examples include seminars, speakers, and career workshops.
- Classes must not be held in the Student Center.
- All external room reservations must be reviewed and approved by the Student Center Committee. The Committee can be reached by contacting email@example.com.
- Organizations and groups external to the University may not reserve space in the Student Center during the weeks when classes are in session.