2019-2020 and 2020-2021 FAFSA Cycles
Fill out the FAFSA right from your phone -- the FAFSA mobile app (myStudentAid) is now available! You may download the myStudentAid app from both the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). The myStudentAid mobile app provides the following features:
- myFAFSA: Complete the FAFSA safely and securing from your mobile device
- Profile: Manage your FSA ID
- myFederalLoans: View federal student aid history
- Contact Us: Contact information for FSA’s contact centers
- StudentAid.gov: Access Federal Student Aid’s key source of information about the federal student aid programs, application process, and loan repayment options
The 2019-20 FAFSA cycle began on October 1, 2018. The application is available until June 30, 2020. The income information needed to complete the FAFSA can be found on your 2017 tax return.
The IRS DRT (Data Retrieval Tool) is available for the 2019-20 FAFSA cycle. Tax return information transferred from the IRS into the FAFSA now has stronger security and privacy protections.
- As a result, the tax information transferred from the IRS does not display on the IRS DRT web page, on the FAFSA form, or on the Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Instead of the user’s tax information being displayed, the phrase “Transferred from the IRS” appears in the appropriate fields on the FAFSA.
The 2020-21 FAFSA cycle will begin on October 1, 2019. Please consider using the “myStudent Aid” app (the FAFSA mobile app) to complete or renew your FAFSA. The income information needed to complete the FAFSA can be found on your 2018 tax return.
→Learn more about the IRS DRT and get answers to FAQs here!←