First-Year Advising & University Studies
- They are making satisfactory academic progress
- They are adjusting well personally to college academic life
- They are identifying and addressing any other problems they may be experiencing as early as possible.
Many students want to tailor their education to pursue multiple interests; others are still deciding on their career direction. In either case, Clarkson can help! Some examples of services we provide:
- Creating an academic plan so you can discover and pursue new interests. In fact, you can get started now by taking a short online quiz.
- Planning your major or course enrollment. In fact, many freshen decide to investigate different options in their first year by enrolling in our University Studies Program.
- Answer to questions about degree or program requirements.
- Helping you to cope with academic difficulties.
- Working with you to make informed decisions about your educational goals.
- Identifying independent research opportunities and team-based projects.
- Helping you successfully deal with stress caused by classes, roommates, a change of environment, or academic uncertainty.
Want more information about first-year advising opportunities? Stop by the First-Year Advising Office located in the Student Success Center, Suite 1400 or call 268-3948.