- For 2021: May 31 to August 6.
- Clarkson University’s Potsdam Hill Campus, located in Potsdam, New York.
Participants will receive:
- $6000 stipend
- Round trip travel (we arrange) to and from Potsdam, New York.
- On campus housing (with kitchenette) for the 10-week program period.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or an eligible non-citizen (i.e. U.S. national or Jay Treaty of 1789).
- Enrolled in college for the fall 2021 (i.e., students who will graduate with a bachelor's degree by June 2021 are not eligible to apply)*
- Have successfully completed an introductory course/course sequence in a STEM major (e.g., biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental science/studies, physics social sciences, engineering)
- Be willing to live in group housing**
- Be able to participate in the program full time, possibly including weekends doing field and laboratory work.
- 11:59 p.m. (EST) April 9, 2021
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Personal Statement (see ”How to Apply” page for more details)
- Identification of two Letter of Recommendation Writers (see ”How to Apply” page for more details)
- Review and Identification of three research mentors (see “Research Topics” page for descriptions)
*Students from underrepresented groups in the sciences, veterans, disabled, or are early in their undergraduate coursework (rising sophomores or juniors) are especially encouraged to apply.
**The ASET-REU program is dedicated to the ideals of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion and we ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all scholars. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the housing accommodations or other aspects of the program.
Questions? Contact: Dr. Alan D. Christian, PI and Director of ASET-REU, firstname.lastname@example.org