Be sure you meet the requirements for the program:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or an eligible non-citizen (i.e. U.S. national or Jay Treaty of 1789)
- Enrolled in college for the fall 2022 (i.e., students who will graduate with a bachelor's degree by June 2022 are not eligible to apply) *
- Have successfully completed an introductory course/course sequence in a STEM major (e.g., biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental science/studies, physics social sciences, engineering)
- Be willing to live in group housing**
- Be able to participate in the program full time, possibly including weekends doing field and laboratory work.
*Students from underrepresented groups in the sciences, veterans, disabled, or are early in their undergraduate coursework (rising sophomores or juniors) are especially encouraged to apply.
**The ASET-REU program is dedicated to the ideals of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion and we ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all scholars. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the housing accommodations or other aspects of the program.