Dr. Golshan Madraki is currently an Associate Professor of David. D. Reh School of Business and the Associate Director of the Honors Program at Clarkson University. She got her Ph.D. degree in Industrial and System Engineering from Ohio University, in 2017. She received her B.S. and M.S. degree in Industrial Management in 2010 and 2013 respectively from Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran. Her areas of expertise include Algorithm, Graph Theory, Supply Chain Networks, Operations Research, and Mathematical Modeling. Dr. Madraki has published several research papers in prestigious journals and conference proceedings (e.g., Journal of Computers & Operations Research, International Journal of Production Research, Web Conference, etc.) in the fields of data-analytics, manufacturing systems, and Supply chain networks; and have several more papers in-progress. Her undergraduate and graduate students collaborated in some of these publications. Dr. Madraki has taught different courses including Engineering Economics, Project management, System Engineering and management, and Honors Capstone Courses at Ohio University and Clarkson University.
- Engineering Economics
- Project Management
- System Engineering and Management
- Honors Capstone Courses
My research interests are focused on the applications of Algorithms, Data Analytics, Graph Theory, Network Optimization, and Operations Research to the following main domains:
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Social Media and Societal Problems
- Others such as energy
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, David D. Reh School of Business, Clarkson University, May 2020.
- Kristen Craig Memorial Faculty Recognition Award which is bestowed by Honors students on the faculty member who has most positively impacted them. Clarkson University, May 2021.
- Selected by Clarkson University Students Association (CUSA) to give a "Last Lecture" for the Class of 2022 at Clarkson University.
- DCSA: Graph-theoretic Cyberattack Propagation Modeling & Robust Prevention & Mitigation Approaches in Interconnected Power & Electric Transportation Systems, Lead PI: S. Mousavian, Clarkson University Grants Pilot Program to Support Ignite Graduate Research Fellowship, Co-PIs: L. Wu (Stevens Institute of Technology), G. Madraki (Clarkson University), March 2019.
- A Quantified Gender-Based Analysis of Polarization in Social Media. Lead PI: G. Madraki. AAUW-American Fellowship- Short term research publication grant (Submitted in Aug. 2021- Granted for the 2022-23 award year. https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/american/short-term-research-publication-grants/
- Entrepreneurial social media influencers’ impact on Mitigating Vaccine Hesitancy. PI: G. Madraki, Clarkson University Research Grant by Joel Goldschein '57 Chair in Supply Chain Management and the Reh Family Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurial Leadership: Spring 2022.
- Matthews A. (graduate student), Otala J. (graduate student), Wali E. (graduate student), Millington L. (undergraduate student), Simpson M. (undergraduate student), Madraki G., Matthews J. Politicians, Pundits, and Platform Migration: A Comparison of Political Polarization on Parler and Twitter. Northeast Journal of Complex Systems. https://doi.org/10.22191/nejcs/vol1/iss1/5/
- Matthews, A., Otala, J. M., Wali, E., Kurtic, G., Millington, L., Simpson, M., Matthews J. & Madraki, G. (2023). Politicians, Pundits, and Platform Migration: A Comparison of Political Polarization on Parler and Twitter. Northeast Journal of Complex Systems (NEJCS), 5(1), 5.
- Atems, B., Mette, J., Lin, G., & Madraki, G. (2023). Estimating and forecasting the impact of nonrenewable energy prices on US renewable energy consumption. Energy Policy, 173, 113374. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2022.113374.
- Madraki, G., & Mousavian, S. (2022). Simultaneously Updating Multiple Performance Measures of Manufacturing Systems after Scheduling Perturbations. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 55(10), 2809-2814. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2022.10.156
- Madraki, G., Mousavian, S., & Salmani, Y. (2022). A theoretical framework to accelerate scheduling improvement heuristics using a new longest path algorithm in perturbed DAGs. International Journal of Production Research, 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2021.2017057
- Madraki, G., Grasso, I. (undergraduate student), M. Otala, J. (graduate student), Liu, Y., & Matthews, J. (2021, April). Characterizing and comparing COVID-19 misinformation across languages, countries and platforms. In Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2021 (pp. 213-223). https://doi.org/10.1145/3442442.3452304. (The average acceptance rate is 16% in the last 5 years).
- M. Otala, J. (graduate student), Kurtic, G. (undergraduate student), Grasso, I. (undergraduate student), Liu, Y., Matthews, J., & Madraki, G. (2021, April). Political Polarization and Platform Migration: A Study of Parler and Twitter Usage by United States of America Congress Members. In Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2021 (pp. 224-231). https://doi.org/10.1145/3442442.3452305. (The average acceptance rate is 16% in the last 5 years).
- Otala, J. (graduate student), Minard, A. (undergraduate student), Madraki, G., & Mousavian, S. (2021). Graph-Based Modeling in Shop Scheduling Problems: Review and Extensions. Applied Sciences, 11(11), 4741. https://doi.org/10.3390/app11114741.
- Hekmat, S., Amiri, M., & Madraki, G. (2021). Strategic Supplier Selection in Payment Industry: A Multi-Criteria Solution for Insufficient and Interrelated Data Sources. International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, 1-35. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219622021500474
- Madraki, G. & Judd R. P (2021). Accelerating the Calculation of Makespan Used in Scheduling, Improvement Heuristics. Computer & Operations Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2021.105233.
- Motlagh, M. M., Azimi, P., Amiri, M., & Madraki, G. (2019). An efficient simulation optimization methodology to solve a multi-objective problem in unreliable unbalanced production lines. Expert Systems with Applications, 138, 112836. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2019.112836.
- Madraki, G. & Judd, R. P. (2019). Recalculating the Length of the Longest Path in Perturbed Directed Acyclic Graph. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52(13), 1560-1565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2019.11.422.
- Mehrdad, S., Mousavian, S., Madraki, G., & Dvorkin, Y. (2018). Cyber-Physical Resilience of Electrical Power Systems Against Malicious Attacks: a Review. Current Sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports, 5(1), 14-22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40518-018-0094-8.
- Madraki, G. & Judd, R. P. (2018). Efficient algorithm to find makespan in manufacturing systems under multiple scheduling perturbations. International Journal of Production Research, 56(16), 5402-5418. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2017.1407884.