The University of Memphis
East Carolina University
Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
When I am not at work I am having fun modeling economic phenomena and writing about it (CV, economics for inquisitive minds) - luckily, this is also part of my work. I also enjoy playing golf, racquetball, and fútbol (soccer), and I love spending time with my three beautiful girls: Luciana (wife), Isabella (daughter), and Lolly (companion/dog).
Current research and teaching interests include decision theory, innovation and entrepreneurship, theories of distributive justice, the origins of inequality, economics of crime, charitable giving.
- Faculty Research Award, 2016, Clarkson University School of Business. Presented annually (starting in 2016) for recent research accomplishments by a faculty member.
- John W. Graham Faculty Research Award, 2012, Clarkson University. Presented annually "for outstanding research accomplishments by a young faculty member and promise of future achievements
- Finance and Sustainability European Research Award, 2009. Category: Best Published Research Article (Management Science 2008).
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2016, Fogelman College of Business and Economics. Category: Theoretical papers (Journal of Mathematical Economics 2015).
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2011, Fogelman College of Business and Economics. Category: Theoretical papers (Health Economics 2010).
- Barbara Tuckman Memorial Fellowship, 2005, University of Memphis.
- First place 17th Graduate Student Research Competition, 2005, University of Memphis.
- Outstanding Economics Graduate Student Award, 2004, University of Memphis.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, inducted 2001.
- Ebert, S., Nocetti, D., & Schlesinger, H. (2017) "Greater Mutual Aggravation" Management Science (forthcoming)
- Nocetti, D. (2016) "Robust Comparative Statics of Risk Changes." Management Science 62, 1381-1392. (pdf) (web Appendix).
- Echazu, L. & D. Nocetti (2015). "Charitable Giving: Altruism has no Limits." Journal of Public Economics 125, 46-53. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2015). “Changes in Risk and Strategic Interaction.” Journal of Mathematical Economics 56, 37-46. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2014). “On the Private Exchange of Charitable Gifts.” Economics Bulletin 34, 73-83. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2013). “The LeChatelier Principle for Changes in Risk.” Journal of Mathematical Economics 49, 460-466. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “Economic Consequences of Nth-degree Risk Changes and Nth-degree Risk Attitudes.” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 47, 199-224. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). "On Multivariate Prudence." Journal of Economic Theory 148, 1255-1267. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “The Marginal Propensity to Consume and Multidimensional Risk” Economics Letters 119, 124-127. (pdf)
- Echazu, L., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “Priority Setting in Health Care: Disentangling Risk Aversion from Inequality Aversion.” Health Economics 22, 730-740. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti (2013) “Collective Risk Aversion.” Social Choice and Welfare 40, 411-437. (pdf)
- Echazu, L., Nocetti, D., & W.T. Smith (2012). “A New Look into the Determinants of the Social Discount Rate: Disentangling Social Preferences.” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 12. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith. (2011) “Precautionary Saving and Endogenous Labor Supply With and Without Intertemporal Expected Utility.” Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 43,1475-1504. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2011) “Price Uncertainty, Saving, and Welfare.” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 35, 1139-1149. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2010) “Uncertainty, the Demand for Health Care, and Precautionary Saving.” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 10. (pdf)
- Heintzelman, M. & D. Nocetti (2009) “Where Should we Submit our Manuscript? An Analysis of Journal Submission Strategies” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 9, 1-26. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D., Jouini, E., & C. Napp (2008) “Properties of the Social Discount Rate in a Benthamite Framework with Heterogeneous Degrees of Impatience” Management Science 54, 1822-1826. (pdf) (web appendix)
- Nocetti, D. (2008) “Industrial Fatigue Redux.” Economics letters 99, 286-289. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2008) “The Biasing Effects of Memory Distortions on the Process of Legal Decision-Making.” Review of Law and Economics 4, 219-239. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2007) “Optimal Monetary Policy under Risk and Uncertainty” Economic Issues 12, 93-108. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Markowitz meets Kahneman: Portfolio Selection under Divided Attention.” Finance Research Letters 3, 106-113. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) "A Model of Mental Effort and Endogenous Estimation Risk." Economics Bulletin 4, 1−10. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Central Bank’s Value at Risk and Financial Crises: An Application to the 2001 Argentine Crisis.” Journal of Applied Economics 9, 381-402. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2006) “Why do Pooled Forecasts do Better than Individual Forecasts Ex Post?” Economics Bulletin 4, 1-7. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Hyperbolic Policymakers and Economic Growth” Economic Issues 10, 41-48. (pdf)
- Chang, C., D. Nocetti, & R. Rubin (2005) “Healthy Life Expectancy for Selected Race and Gender Subgroups: the Case of Tennessee” Southern Medical Journal 98, 977-984. (pdf)