When I am not at work I am having fun modeling economic phenomena and writing about it (CV, economics for inquisitive minds) -luckily, this is also part of my work-. I also enjoy playing golf, racquetball, and fútbol (soccer), and I love spending time with my three beautiful girls: Luciana (wife), Isabella (daughter), and Lolly (companion/dog).
The University of Memphis
East Carolina University
Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Current research and teaching interests include decision theory, innovation and entrepreneurship, theories of distributive justice, the origins of inequality, economics of crime, charitable giving.
- Faculty Research Award, 2016, Clarkson University School of Business. Presented annually (starting in 2016) for recent research accomplishments by a faculty member.
- John W. Graham Faculty Research Award, 2012, Clarkson University. Presented annually "for outstanding research accomplishments by a young faculty member and promise of future achievements
- Finance and Sustainability European Research Award, 2009. Category: Best Published Research Article (Management Science 2008).
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2016, Fogelman College of Business and Economics. Category: Theoretical papers (Journal of Mathematical Economics 2015).
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2011, Fogelman College of Business and Economics. Category: Theoretical papers (Health Economics 2010).
- Barbara Tuckman Memorial Fellowship, 2005, University of Memphis.
- First place 17th Graduate Student Research Competition, 2005, University of Memphis.
- Outstanding Economics Graduate Student Award, 2004, University of Memphis.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, inducted 2001.
- Ebert, S., Nocetti, D., & Schlesinger, H. (2017) "Greater Mutual Aggravation" Management Science (forthcoming)
- Nocetti, D. (2016) "Robust Comparative Statics of Risk Changes." Management Science 62, 1381-1392. (pdf) (web Appendix).
- Echazu, L. & D. Nocetti (2015). "Charitable Giving: Altruism has no Limits." Journal of Public Economics 125, 46-53. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2015). “Changes in Risk and Strategic Interaction.” Journal of Mathematical Economics 56, 37-46. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2014). “On the Private Exchange of Charitable Gifts.” Economics Bulletin 34, 73-83. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2013). “The LeChatelier Principle for Changes in Risk.” Journal of Mathematical Economics 49, 460-466. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “Economic Consequences of Nth-degree Risk Changes and Nth-degree Risk Attitudes.” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 47, 199-224. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). "On Multivariate Prudence." Journal of Economic Theory 148, 1255-1267. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “The Marginal Propensity to Consume and Multidimensional Risk” Economics Letters 119, 124-127. (pdf)
- Echazu, L., & D. Nocetti. (2013). “Priority Setting in Health Care: Disentangling Risk Aversion from Inequality Aversion.” Health Economics 22, 730-740. (pdf)
- Jouini, E., Napp, C., & D. Nocetti (2013) “Collective Risk Aversion.” Social Choice and Welfare 40, 411-437. (pdf)
- Echazu, L., Nocetti, D., & W.T. Smith (2012). “A New Look into the Determinants of the Social Discount Rate: Disentangling Social Preferences.” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 12. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith. (2011) “Precautionary Saving and Endogenous Labor Supply With and Without Intertemporal Expected Utility.” Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 43,1475-1504. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2011) “Price Uncertainty, Saving, and Welfare.” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 35, 1139-1149. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2010) “Uncertainty, the Demand for Health Care, and Precautionary Saving.” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 10. (pdf)
- Heintzelman, M. & D. Nocetti (2009) “Where Should we Submit our Manuscript? An Analysis of Journal Submission Strategies” B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Advances) 9, 1-26. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D., Jouini, E., & C. Napp (2008) “Properties of the Social Discount Rate in a Benthamite Framework with Heterogeneous Degrees of Impatience” Management Science 54, 1822-1826. (pdf) (web appendix)
- Nocetti, D. (2008) “Industrial Fatigue Redux.” Economics letters 99, 286-289. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2008) “The Biasing Effects of Memory Distortions on the Process of Legal Decision-Making.” Review of Law and Economics 4, 219-239. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2007) “Optimal Monetary Policy under Risk and Uncertainty” Economic Issues 12, 93-108. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Markowitz meets Kahneman: Portfolio Selection under Divided Attention.” Finance Research Letters 3, 106-113. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) "A Model of Mental Effort and Endogenous Estimation Risk." Economics Bulletin 4, 1−10. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Central Bank’s Value at Risk and Financial Crises: An Application to the 2001 Argentine Crisis.” Journal of Applied Economics 9, 381-402. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. & W.T. Smith (2006) “Why do Pooled Forecasts do Better than Individual Forecasts Ex Post?” Economics Bulletin 4, 1-7. (pdf)
- Nocetti, D. (2006) “Hyperbolic Policymakers and Economic Growth” Economic Issues 10, 41-48. (pdf)
- Chang, C., D. Nocetti, & R. Rubin (2005) “Healthy Life Expectancy for Selected Race and Gender Subgroups: the Case of Tennessee” Southern Medical Journal 98, 977-984. (pdf)