The Minor in Mathematics is open to all students except those majoring in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Data Science, or Mathematical Economics. To complete the minor the student must achieve at least a 2.0 grade-point average in seven three-credit courses from the following list:
- MA131 Calculus I
- MA132 Calculus II
- MA200 Introduction to Mathematical Modeling and Software
- MA211 Discrete Mathematics and Proof
- MA230 3-D Space and Projective Geometry
- MA231 Calculus III
- MA232 Elementary Differential Equations
- MA239 Elementary Linear Algebra
- MA277 Elementary Numerical Methods
- DS241/MA241 Intro to Data Science
Any 3-credit MA or STAT course at the 300-level or above.
Any CS course which is double-listed as an MA course at the 300-level or above also counts toward the minor; check with the Mathematics Department for details.
At least one-fourth of the credit hours required must be completed at Clarkson, unless an exception is approved by the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences.