General Admissions Requirements
- A two-week extension of the deadline for deposit will be granted for accepted students.
- Observation hours: Requirement is not waived at this time but deadline will be extended if unable to complete hours due to clinical impact from COVID19.
- At this point in time, we will require graded coursework for prerequisite courses from the Spring 2020 term. If your University has established a P/F policy that precludes you from having a graded option, please contact Brittany Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Clarkson University is a full-time graduate program. In order to be considered for admission, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree with an overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.2.
- Take all the necessary prerequisite courses (see below) with a GPA greater than or equal to 3.2 in all prerequisite courses and no grade lower than a C in these courses.
- Submit documentation of a minimum of 50 hours of observation, volunteer or work experience in physical therapy and/or another healthcare setting, of which a minimum of 30 hours must be completed under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. At least one must be from a physical therapist and one must be from a faculty member. None can be from family, friends or clergy.
- Meet the technical standards of the Doctorate in Physical Therapy program, with or without reasonable accommodations.