General Admissions Requirements
- A two-week extension of the deadline for deposit will be granted for accepted students.
- Please request a waiver from Christopher Towler by emailing him at email@example.com. Please state which clinics you tried to attend but were unable to due to the pandemic. This will allow the committee to document that you have tried to reach the 50 minimum hours but could not complete them due to pandemic limitations.
- At this point in time, we will require graded coursework for prerequisite courses from the Spring 2020 term. If your University has established a P/F policy that precludes you from having a graded option, please contact Christopher Towler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Clarkson University is a full-time graduate program. In order to be considered for admission, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree with an overall grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 3.2.
- Take all the necessary prerequisite courses (see below) with a GPA greater than or equal to 3.2 in all prerequisite courses and no grade lower than a C in these courses.
- Submit documentation of a minimum of 50 hours of observation, volunteer or work experience in physical therapy and/or another healthcare setting, of which a minimum of 30 hours must be completed under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. At least one must be from a physical therapist and one must be from a faculty member. None can be from family, friends or clergy.
- Meet the technical standards of the Doctorate in Physical Therapy program, with or without reasonable accommodations.