Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management (online, onsite: Potsdam)
Success today depends on selling the right goods and services to customers all over the world at the right time and price. This depends on global supply chain management, the complex networks linking raw materials, processing, production, assembly and distribution. Our program will teach you how to make your networks responsive and secure enough to coordinate the movement of goods, services, information and money. This certificate is the result of industry input and a comprehensive integration of best business practices. To earn it, you’ll study with faculty across a multitude of disciplines, including operations management, marketing, information systems, human resources and finance.
Business Fundamentals Certificate (online, hybrid, onsite: Capital Region)
The Business Fundamentals Certificate program is designed for working professionals who do not have an undergraduate business degree but could benefit from focused knowledge and skills in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, marketing, management and IT. Successful professionals are expected to be conversant in these areas and may be limited in their career growth without this fundamental business knowledge. The Business Fundamentals Certificate courses are part of the core MBA curriculum; therefore, all courses can be applied to an MBA should you wish to continue with the MBA degree program. View the Curriculum Sheet
Certificate in Healthcare Management (hybrid, onsite: Capital Region)
Healthcare has quickly become one of the largest industries in the U.S. economy, characterized by rapid change and a need for management talent that will extend into the foreseeable future. The Certificate in Healthcare Management program will immerse you in essential business concepts within healthcare, preparing you for opportunities in this fast-growing field. This certificate program is designed for individuals currently working in healthcare (physicians, managers, nurses, pharmacists, healthcare providers and health plan staff) and for others interested in applying the latest business and management concepts to the ever-changing world of healthcare. View the Curriculum Sheet
Certificate in Innovation and New Venture Management (onsite: Potsdam)
Get the skills to anticipate, develop and actualize successful new products and business models. Understand how market- and technology-driven innovations happen and how to manage both. You already know what venture capital is — here, you’ll learn how to manage it by examining the intricacies of complex financial tools that successfully commercialize new ideas.
Certificate in Environmental Management (onsite: Potsdam)
The demands of a growing population are straining our environment. Organizations need professionals who can effectively and efficiently integrate sustainability and business. With this certificate, you will develop proficiency in drafting and assessing strategies that benefit both the environment and economy. Topics of study include green marketing, risk management and supply chain practices.
Certificate in Accounting (onsite: Potsdam)
Fiscal management, reporting, auditing and taxation issues affect every business, regardless of its size, industry or locale. Having skilled and quick-thinking accounting staff is an essential ingredient for success in a business world where laws and requirements change daily. Are you up to that challenge? If so, the Certificate in Accounting is right for you. You can also enhance your Clarkson MBA coursework with electives in topics like financial accounting theory, managerial accounting, tax law, auditing and ethics/professional responsibility.
Certificate Pathway to the MBA or Healthcare Management MBA
The certificates in business fundamentals and healthcare management also provide students with an alternative pathway to admission into the MBA and Healthcare Management MBA programs, respectively. If you have thought any of the following, this pathway might be right for you:
• I want to get started right away without taking an admission test.
• I want to be considered for admission into the MBA program based on my performance in core MBA courses.
• I’m not sure if I want to complete an entire MBA, but I would like to learn core business principles in a short amount of time and still be able to apply all my course work should I choose to go on for the MBA.
• I want to try out the MBA program by taking courses that I can use for a valuable and recognized credential, even if I decide not to complete the entire MBA.
- Applicants will be assigned an advisor as soon as the application is received. The application will not go to the Graduate Admission Committee for an admission decision; rather, applicants will be screened by their advisors.
- The advisor will meet with the student and explain the pathway. If both agree that this pathway is good for the student, together they will develop a plan of study that best meets the student’s needs.
- The student may then begin taking classes according to the plan.
- If the student receives a grade of C (or below) in any course, the student will be automatically removed from the pathway and from the certificate program. If removed, a student may appeal to be reinstated. The appeal will go to the admission committee and essentially be treated as a normal application; they may reinstate, deny reinstatement or request that the student take the GMAT admission test prior to making a decision.
- If the student completes the certificate with no C’s (or below) and an overall GPA > 3.2, the student will be automatically admitted to the MBA program (if desired) and will not have to go before the admission committee. Students not meeting these criteria may still apply for the MBA but will go through the normal MBA admission process.
- Students who complete at least three courses toward the certificate with a GPA > 3.7 will be eligible for early pathway admission, and upon request, will be automatically admitted to the MBA program without going through the normal admission decision process.
A complete application file consists of the following items:
- application form
- resume and statement of purpose
- letters of recommendation — three letters required
- official transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable)
- GMAT/GRE is not required to apply for Business, Advanced Certificates