What is the University doing to protect the campus community?

In collaboration with the St. Lawrence County Health Department, local health and safety experts, NYS Department of Health and Department of Education, and accessing expertise from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the Department of State, the University administration continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation. Individuals who have recently traveled back from a region where the COVID-19 outbreak has occurred are being directed to self-isolate for a period of 14 days to ensure they are symptom-free before returning to campus. These efforts align with CDC and WHO guidance on screening and response protocols, along with other measures to protect the health and well-being of the campus community.

In addition, the University has convened a response team to review and revise the University’s pandemic preparedness plan. The University’s Emergency Response Team is continuously monitoring the situation in conjunction with local, state, and national public health authorities.

Please refer to campus announcements for regular updates to the evolving situation.  

If I have chronic conditions or a low immune system, what can I do? 

The CDC updated Coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC for persons who are at higher risk for complications:  This includes older adults and persons with serious chronic medical conditions like: heart disease, diabetes and lung disease. If you believe you are in this category, please contact your supervisor and work with Human Resources on a plan of action.  Human Resources can be reached at 315.268.2222.

Will I be penalized if I don’t attend work?

If you feel ill, you should use the same judgment you would normally use about attending work, staying home or seeking medical care, and let your supervisor know. The University is operating on a normal schedule for staff. All faculty and staff are expected to report to campus unless they have made the request for an alternative plan outlined in the earlier communication.

Are campus events and activities being canceled in response to COVID-19?

With a new ban just issued by New York State on gatherings and additional restrictions on environments with a higher density of people, we are temporarily suspending large events on campus. No nonessential gatherings and meetings on campus should be scheduled. Please check your email regularly for updates.

If the University’s operating status changes based on COVID-19, the University community would be notified immediately through RaveAlert.

Is University-sponsored travel still happening?

There will be no further nonessential university-funded travel both international or domestic for faculty and staff. Consult with the Provost Office, Athletic Director, CFO, the VP for Enrollment Management and Student Advancement, the VP for External Relations, VP for Development and Alumni Relations, and the Chief Human Resources Officer to assess requests for travel until further notice.   

Where can I find the COVID-19 Employee Volunteer Form?

During these challenging times, we are reminded of how much our community depends on our generosity. Clarkson recognizes how important it is to band together and ensure that we continue to support those in need. During the next two weeks, while employees are working remotely Clarkson would like offer our employees an opportunity to volunteer up to five hours a week at local organizations. This will be paid time off and completely your choice. You will need to provide notification to your supervisor and submit the hours through Kronos. This would mean you work from home for 32.5 hours and volunteer for 5 hours and paid for 37.5 hours bi-weekly. Fill out the COVID-19 Employee Volunteer form here.

We do ask that if you volunteer, you continue to practice social distancing. Our goal is for everyone to remain safe and think about others who may need additional support during this time. If you have questions, please call the Human Resources office at ext. 2222.


Have Questions or Concerns?