Restaurants that Are Providing Take Out/Delivery:
Meals on Wheels Volunteer Opportunities
Nutrition Centers are located in: Brasher, Canton, DeKalb, Gouverneur, Morristown, Ogdensburg, Potsdam, and Star Lake.
Meals Centers are open Monday - Friday from 7 am - 1 pm.
-Volunteers can choose a day or days & time frame that works for their schedule to assist in the kitchen with meal preparation and packaging of home-delivered meals.
Home Delivered Meal Drivers: Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Volunteers would arrive at the center for 10 am where they would pick up a roster of clients in the area; hot bags containing the packaged meals; and coolers. Volunteers would deliver the meals using their own vehicles and return the hot bags and coolers to the site when they are done. Volunteer HDM drivers are also responsible for reporting to the meal center any client that does not answer their door so the office can perform a safety check.
- Volunteers can choose a day or days that work for their schedule.
Additional Community News/Information:
- NCPR’s COVID-19 page
- Article on senior shopping hours
- General information on services and resources in the North Country and nearby areas
- Sign up via email for latest updates from NYS
- NYS Dept of Health - COVID-19 info page
- St. Lawrence County general COVID-19 page
- AARP Tele-Town Hall for seniors
- Fort Drum’s Guthrie Clinic Pharmacy - Drive-Up Info
- Map of NY COVID-19 cases by county
- Small Business loan info
COVID-19 Employee Volunteer Form
As Clarkson employees based in Potsdam, we are all part of the larger North Country community and many of us are looking for ways to do more to help our friends, neighbors, local businesses and small nonprofits through these challenging times.
During the coming weeks, while we are working remotely, employees can spend up to five hours per week of special paid-time-off to volunteer with local non-profit organizations. This can be through appropriate social distancing activities near home or via online, such as fundraising, organizing information, providing specialized expertise etc.
Employees will need to provide notification to their supervisor and submit the hours.
Please fill out the COVID-19 Employee Volunteer Form here.
We do ask that all volunteers practice social distancing and adhere to all NYS and County directives. Our goal is for everyone to remain safe and think about others who may need additional support during this time.
If you have questions, please call the Human Resources office at ext. 2222. Employees can refer to their campus announcement.