How To Apply
Applying to the study abroad exchange program requires some planning, so start early. For a detailed look at the study abroad application timeline, consult our study abroad dates and deadlines.
Your academic advisor will play an important role in planning a smooth departure and return to Clarkson. He or she will help you choose the courses you will take abroad to satisfy your major requirements and graduate on time. Meet early with your advisor to pick the best semester(s) to study abroad.
When you have met with your advisor, researched the schools and chosen your top three study abroad universities, it’s time to fill out the Study Abroad Exchange Program Outbound Application. Be prepared to list both the courses you’re currently taking and the courses you would normally take at Clarkson during the semester or year you plan to be abroad. The application will need to be signed by your academic advisor and your Student Administrative Services (SAS) representative.
Additional Application Materials
We also ask that you submit the following materials and forms with your application:
- A 300-word essay addressing both of the following topics: 1) "What does being a Global Citizen mean to you?" and 2) "What does being a Clarkson Ambassador while abroad mean to you?" - Please address this generically as opposed to directing to a specific country or school.
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a Clarkson faculty or staff member who can comment on your academic work
- Academic Compatibility Form
- Student Participation Agreement
- Proof of passport or passport application
- Unofficial transcript, printed from your PeopleSoft account