Student organizations interested in hosting an event in the Student Center must submit an event request on Knight Life. Anyone else submitting an event request may contact the Director of Student Organizations and Student Center.
Student Center Usage Policy
The Student Center Committee has developed the following regulations for usage of the Student Center:
The Student Center is the hub of campus activity, and a place where students can come to spend time between classes, hold meetings and attend a variety of events including live music, stand-up comedy, and late night movie screenings. There are several lounges and spaces with comfortable chairs and tables for hanging out and relaxing. In addition, meeting rooms are available for organization meetings and other activities. Also available to students is the Forum, an innovative auditorium in the form of a stairwell equipped with a massive video wall. The space is often used for large events such as lectures, comedians, pre-released movie showings, and talent shows. This building was designed with student groups and organizations in mind, and so to uphold the integrity of this student-centered space, the Student Center Committee has developed the following policies for utilizing the building and making reservations:
- The following areas in the Student Center can be reserved: the multipurpose rooms (MPRs), the servery dining hall, the forum, Bar 9/game room, virtual game room, and two CUSA conference rooms.
- The CUSA conference rooms are reservable for student organizations and student-led meetings only.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to reserve space for meetings only from 8am-12pm when student activity in the building is lower.
- Reservations from faculty or staff later in the day will be accepted only if they are hosting events geared towards and inclusive of all students and pertaining to co-curricular student life and activities. Some examples include seminars, speakers, and career workshops.
- Classes must not be held in the Student Center.
- All external room reservations must be reviewed and approved by the Student Center Committee. The Committee can be reached by contacting the Director of Student Organizations and Student Center.
- Organizations and groups external to the University may not reserve space in the Student Center during the weeks when classes are in session. Available dates for external organizations are listed below:
- Sunday, May 8, 2016 through Wednesday, July 13, 2016
- Monday, July 18, 2016 through Sunday, August 14, 2016
- Wednesday, November 23, 2016 through Sunday, November 27, 2016
- Sunday, December 18, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017
- Friday, March 17, 2017 through Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Sunday, May 14, 2017 through Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Monday, July 17, 2017 through Sunday, August 13, 2017
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017 through Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 through Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Friday, March 16, 2018 through Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 through Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Monday, July 16, 2018 through Sunday, August 12, 2018
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018 through Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Sunday, December 16, 2018 through Sunday, January 6, 2019
- Friday, March 15, 2019 through Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Sunday, May 12, 2019 through Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- Monday, July 15, 2019 through Sunday, August 11, 2019