Engineering and Management
109 Bertrand H. Snell Hall
Ph.D., Texas Tech University
D.Sc. in Engineering Science, Monterrey Tech (2011)
¨ Quality Management: Design and management of performance improvement initiatives for product development, manufacturing, construction and service (healthcare) environments; Integrative approaches for process improvement techniques (e.g., lean) and statistical-based methodologies (e.g., six sigma); Applied statistics (e.g., design of experiments and Six Sigma).
- Project Management: Stochastic process modeling and optimization (e.g., stochastic project management).¨ Operation Management: Design and integration of process architecture frameworks; Organizational assessment and performance measurement; Risk management; Suitability measurement for management science models and implications for engineering practice.
- Lean Systems Engineering: Lean product development (process modeling amenable to computer analysis); Lean office design and lean manufacturing.
- Probability and Statistics
- Engineering Systems in Organizations
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
Martinez, C., Temblador, C., Beruvides, M.G., and Farris, J.A., (2012) Integrating Six Sigma tools using team-learning processes, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 3(2), 133-156.
Martinez, H. C. and Farris, J.A., (2011) Lean Product Development: A Review of the Current State of Research and Practice, submitted to Engineering Management Journal, 23(1), 29-51.
Martinez, C., Farris, J., and Letens, G., “Improving product development through front-loading and enhanced iteration management,” Proceedings of the 2011 Industrial Engineering and Research Conference, Reno, NV, May 21-25, 2011.