Blade Test Facility
- With the rapidly evolving wind energy market
- Clarkson University, supported by NYSERDA, CECET and Intertek
- is investing in the next big thing!
- A State-of-the-Art Wind Turbine Blade Test Facility
- To Evaluate New Technologies
- To Certify Existing One
- To Train the Next Generation of Wind Turbine Experts
- And much more... come and visit us!
The Blade Test Facility (BTF) at Clarkson University was established as part of the Center for Evaluation of Clean Energy Technologies (CECET), an Intertek Company, with funding from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to support and grow New York based wind market activities through performance testing, research and certification of wind turbine systems. BTF budget investment for the facility development and operation for the first three years is $1.2M with a goal of sustainable operation by 2015.
This facility was developed with the partial financial support of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) under agreement No.: 18460 between NYSERDA and Intertek Testing Services NA.