Clarkson welcomes transfer applications from students who are currently attending another college or university inside or outside the United States. We look for the same qualities in our transfer students as traditional first-year applicants: strong academic records, persuasive recommendations, and a spark that sets you apart. We highly recommend that all transfer applicants visit Clarkson and participate in an admission interview.
Transfer Application Requirements
Please submit all of the following materials according to Clarkson’s admission dates and deadlines:
Clarkson Transfer Application (online)
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended. (If you attended college outside of New York State, please provide course descriptions.
Two letters of recommendation. One should be from a college professor or instructor. The other can be from a transfer counselor, professor, employer or other person able to speak of your ability to succeed at Clarkson University
Personal statement (250-500 words) describing a special interest, experience, or achievement that is important or meaningful to you.
All transfer students are REQUIRED to submit a final high school transcript. This is required for federal aid and will not be taken into consideration for admission, unless the criteria below for credits is not met.
Less Than 24 Hours of Credit
If you have earned less than 24 hours of credit at your current college or university, you will also need to supply the following information:
- Official high school record
- SAT or ACT score report. Clarkson’s SAT code is 2084 and our ACT code is 2698.
International Transfer Students
Transfer applicants from outside of the U.S. must also submit the following materials:
- If English is not your first language, please submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores. A TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 80 (Internet-based) is required for admission. The minimum IELTS score is 6.5. We will waive the TOEFL and IELTS requirement if you have attended an English-speaking college for two years.
- Supporting bank statement.
Please send all paper materials to:
Office of Transfer Admission
Box 5610, 8 Clarkson Ave.
Potsdam, NY 13699
Please call us at 800-527-6577 or 315-268-2125. You can also email us at email@example.com.