Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts are due Monday, July 14 at 4:30 PM.
Abstracts must be submitted on time in order to be placed in a judged, thematic session. Late submissions will be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
Your abstract submission notifies us of your intent to participate and provides important information that helps us to place you in an appropriate session. It will also be used by judges and attendees to help them understand the content of your presentation.
Abstracts may be submitted through the SURE Conference Registration Form. If you encounter problems while using the registration form, please let us know so we can assist you.
The registration form will ask you for each piece of your abstract individually. Before beginning registration, make sure that your abstract fits on one page and includes the following elements:
- Title: Provide a short descriptive title of no more than 20 words.
- Authors: You will be asked to provide basic information about each undergraduate/graduate researcher and your faculty research mentor.
- Text: Provide a single-paragraph description of your presentation in no more than 200 words.
- Figures and references may be included below the abstract paragraph as long as everything fits on one page.
- Acknowledgements: If you wish to note sponsorship, you may do so in a short paragraph below your abstract, not to exceed 40 words.
If you have any questions about your abstract, the submission form, or the conference, contact us at email@example.com.
For some advice on writing abstracts, see: http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/essays/abstract.html
For more advice and some samples of undergraduate abstracts, see: http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/presentations_abstracts.html