As part of our ongoing Evolution to Excellence, Clarkson University has embarked on a new journey of Service Excellence!
We are enhancing the excellent service, which we offer along the entire continuum of engagement, and building a best-in-class admissions, graduate, and alumni experience.
We have developed a Service Philosophy and Service Standards to give us all a common vision and purpose
Our Service Philosophy is "We build better futures by delivering personal and exceptional service in every interaction."
Our Service Standards are:
- Provide a sense of well-being about personal and physical safety
- Educate about compliance, policies, and ways to manage risk
- Promote a respectful work and living environment to explore and try new things
- Be proactive about reporting and awareness of potential safety concerns
- Act in a positive and respectful manner
- Actively listen to gain full understanding
- Demonstrate awareness of "everything speaks"
- Show empathy and caring
- Answer correctly. Take the time to give the right answer
- Respond with the customer end goal/need in mind; with an empathetic manner
- Respond in a timely manner (minimize the hoops)
- Be proud of your contributions, show pride to deliver exceptional service
- Identify all relevant stakeholders during the planning process
- Seek input from others
- Maintain professional communication and respect for others during all interactions
- Proactively create solutions both interally and externally
A cross-departmental Service Excellence Leadership Team leads our Service Excellence effort. Each team member is part of a cross-departmental sub-committee, which is developing and implementing a set of Leadership Actions that help to create and sustain our culture of Service Excellence. Please feel free to contact team members with your ideas and feedback.
April Employee of the Month
Jennifer Stokes has been named the Employee of the Month for April at Clarkson University. Stokes, associate registrar for Student Administrative Services, has been honored for her commitment to service excellence in her role. In nominating Stokes, her colleagues said she routinely "goes above and beyond her duties as associate registrar, making the SAS office a happier and more productive place." Stokes is always willing to help anyone out in any way she can. She is "very knowledgeable about not only her area but other areas of the University as well." Stokes works to ensure that when she is asked a question, she gives accurate information, she's friendly, and she's always willing to help both students and her colleagues when they have questions.
If you know someone on campus who deserves to be recognized for their excellent service, nominate them for Employee of the Month!