Social Activities include:
- A retreat in the Adirondack the first weekend of the program.
- A two-day sustainability field trip across Lake Champlain to Burlington to tour facilities such as the McNail wood gasification plant, the Intervale Composting regional composting facility, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory (and wastewater facilities), the University of Vermont Davis Center (LEED Gold Certified building), Shelburne Farms, and Noble Ellenburg Windpark.
- Canoe trips on the Raquette River right from Clarkson's on campus boathouse.
- Volleyball intramural competition with other summer research programs.
- Movie nights in the comfortable Adirondack style Outdoor Lodge.
- Whatever else you cook up!