Leslie Russek, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS
Phone: (315) 268-3761
Office: Clarkson Hall 209
- Clinical interests include headaches, hypermobility syndrome, fibromyalgia, and myofascial pain syndrome
- Research interests include hypermobility syndrome, fibromyalgia and headaches
- Physical Therapy license active in New York State since 1997, active in Maryland 1991-1997
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist, APTA, since 1997, valid until 2017
- DPT in Physical Therapy, Simmons College, 2006
- BS in Physical Therapy, University of Vermont, 1991
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1987
- BA in Applied Mathematics, Harvard University, 1983
Leslie Russek, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS, is an Associate Professor teaching musculoskeletal physical therapy and research courses in the Clarkson University Doctor of Physical Therapy program. She is an Orthopedic Certified Specialist physical therapist with 22 years of clinical practice experience. Her research and clinical interests include hypermobility syndrome, fibromyalgia, headaches and chronic pain. She has published several articles on hypermobility syndrome and has several research projects on HMS in progress.
Dr. Russek's recent scholarship includes several posters on hypermobility syndrome and a textbook chapter on chronic pain:
Russek LN. “Chronic Pain.” Chapter in Physical Rehabitlitation, 6th ed, by Susan O’Sullivan, Thomas Schmitz, and George Fulk. Publication June, 2013.
Russek LN, Errico DM. Prevalence of generalized joint hypermobility and hypermobility syndrome in female college athletes. Combined Sections Meeting, January 2013, San Diego, CA.
Russek LN, Gardner S, Maguire K, Stevens C, Zaluski-Brown E. A cross-sectional survey assessing movement-related fear, psychological distress and function among community-based people with fibromyalgia syndrome. Combined Sections Meeting, January 2013, San Diego, CA.