News & Events
Clarkson University To Host College 101 Experience For High School Juniors March 27
Nearly 800 high school juniors from around the North Country will attend the sixth annual “College 101 Experience” at Clarkson University’s Cheel Campus Center on Wednesday, March 27. The event is sponsored by Clarkson University, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Canton.
The program was developed to make North Country and Canadian students more aware of higher education opportunities available in northern New York, and in Ontario and Quebec. High schools from Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties have been invited to bring students to this event.
Universities and colleges expected to participate include Clarkson University, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Canton, Paul Smith’s College, North Country Community College, Jefferson Community College, Clinton Community College, Algonquin College, Concordia University, and SUNY ESF Ranger School.
College 101 activities include:
- Staffed booths from each college, where students can obtain information and admission materials
- A panel of current college students representing the participating schools, who will answer questions about “Going to College in Your Own Backyard”
- Representatives from student clubs and organizations at Clarkson University, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Canton and SUNY Potsdam.
- A workshop on the application selection process, directed by current college admission counselors, high-school guidance counselors and current college students
- An athletics booth staffed by representatives from the participating colleges and college students.
For more information about the fair, contact Clarkson University’s Kathy Howe at 315-268-6479, 800-527-6577 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or SUNY Potsdam’s Kristin Maginn at 315-267-2180, 315-268-2178 or email@example.com. Interested students can also contact their high school guidance counselors.