PO Box 5725
Potsdam, NY 13699-5725
B.Tech, Indian Institute of Technology
M.S., University of Delaware
Ph. D., University of Minnesota
Professor Dhaniyala's research interests are in developing techniques for accurate characterization of airborne particle properties and understanding the fate of aerosol particles in the environment.
Some of his current funded research projects include: measurement of physical properties of aerosol particles from airborne platforms; fast measurements of aerosol hygroscopicity, development of novel aerosol sensors for large spatial-scale measurements, characterization of filter performance under low-pressure, and fundamental studies of particle resuspension from non-smooth surfaces.
Funding sources for these research projects include: NSF, NASA, NYSERDA, Pall Inc., and DTRA.
- Moharreri, A., Craig L., Rogers, D.C., and Dhaniyala, S. A Blunt-body Aerosol Sampler (BASE) for Interstitial Aerosol Sampling: Design and Wind Tunnel Testing, Aerosol Science and Technology, 47:8, 885-894, 2013.
- He M., and Dhaniyala, A new multiple-charge correction algorithm for scanning electrical mobility measurement data, Journal of Aerosol Science, 61:13-26, 2013.
- Hill M.A., Ghee T.A., Kaufman J., and Suresh Dhaniyala, Investigation of aerosol penetration through individual protective equipment in elevated wind conditions, Aerosol Science and Technology, doi:10.1080/02786826.2013.783899, 2013.
- Craig, L., Moharreri, A., Schanot, A., Rogers, D.C., Anderson, B., Dhaniyala, S., Characterizations of shatter artifacts in airborne aerosol inlets, Aerosol Science and Technology, DOI:10.1080/02786826.2013.780648, 47:6, 662-671, 2013.
- Craig, L., Schanot, A., Moharreri, A., Rogers, D.C., and Dhaniyala, S., Design and sampling characteristics of a new airborne aerosol inlet for aerosol measurements in clouds, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 30:6, 1123-113 July 2013.
- Dubey, P. and Dhaniyala, S., A new multiscale expectation-maximization algorithm for accurate SMPS data inversion, Aerosol Science and Technology, 69-80, 47:1, 2013.
- Meilu He and Suresh Dhaniyala, Vertical and Horizontal Concentration Distributions of Ultrafine Particles near a Highway, Atmospheric Environment, 46, 225-236, 2012.
- Meilu He and Suresh Dhaniyala, Development of a Dispersion Model for Traffic Produced Turbulence in a Two-Way Traffic Scenario, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Volume 11, Number 6, 627-640, DOI: 10.1007/s10652-011-9215-2, 2011.
- May, A., Ashman, P., Huang J., Holsen T. M., and Dhaniyala S., Evaluation of the Polyurethane Foam Disk (PUF) Passive Air Sampler: Computational Modeling and Experimental Measurements, Atmospheric Environment, 45, 4354–4359, August 2011.
- Dubey, P. and Dhaniyala, S., A new approach to calculate diffusional transfer functions of scanning DMAs, Aerosol Science and Technology, 45:8, 1031-1040, 2011.