Graphic Identity Manual
The Clarkson Brand
Clarkson’s marketing communications strategy intends to build the image and visibility of our academic quality and to improve name recognition.
Clarkson’s personality is bold, yet personal. It’s enterprising, collaborative and focused. The Clarkson brand is about approaching education and learning differently. Our creative voice will be personal, challenging, and outcome oriented. Copy should be short and to the point and filled with examples of what the academic and life experiences are like at Clarkson.
The Clarkson brand uses seven colors, defined in the brand toolkit, which can be downloaded here. Each school (business, engineering, and arts and sciences) is assigned a dominant color from the palette. You will find these details in the toolkit, along with examples of the appropriate fonts to use. The fonts are available for download. Please note that Clarkson colors (green and gold) are used in combination only for the athletic teams.
Use of Logo
For almost every publication, letterhead, and web page, the Clarkson University logo is the appropriate identity symbol to use, either with or without the “defy convention” tagline. The seal is used only for formal purposes and the shield is used rarely. The logo is the bedrock for the University’s communications strategy. Please do not modify the logo in any way.
If you need to clarify a particular graphic identity standard, or need assistance, please contact Julie Davis, Intake Manager/Web/Graphic Designer, via phone, 315-268-6713 or e-mai, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the menu to the left, you will find information on:
- Identity Symbols — an overview for the use of the logo, seal, and shield.
- Logo Usage — guidelines and color specifications for the logo.
- Seal and Shield Usage — the proper time and place to use the seal or shield.
- Other Logos — Policies for the use and development of other logos.
- Identity Materials — Specifications and downloads for letterhead, envelopes, business cards and note cards.
- Fonts — A place to download the fonts used in Clarkson publications and web sites.
- Downloads and Request Forms — Downloads for a variety of Clarkson materials, including Microsoft Word templates for letterhead, PowerPoint templates, and logos; as well as request forms for business cards, note cards, and other printed materials.
- Items for Resale — How to obtain permission to use Clarkson identity symbols on items for resale.