The members of the service committee perform the important role of helping all Honors Program students complete the service requirement [1.2.] for graduating with honors. Each class selects one person to join the Service Committee; the chair is elected by the entire honors student body.
Service Committee Responsibilities
- Introduce students to the service requirement during orientation.
- Inform students of service opportunities.
- Organize service opportunities that provide at least 500 person-hours of service per semester. One person-hour is one hour of service for each person who participates, so an event for three people that lasts two hours equals 6 person hours.
- Maintain a record of participation in service for each member of the Honors Program.
- Promote a spirit of service in the Honors Program.
- Recognize extraordinary participation in honors service through awards and events.
Service Committee Members